Did I make a big mistake?

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
Upstate NY; too far from NYC :-(
I have been wanting a old school Alexandra for a long time now. I finally pulled the trigger on one from Ebay. I assumed that because it had the gorgeous purple lining, that it was not an outlet bag. I started going through old threads and discovered that I did purchase a MFF bag. It is pebbled black leather. Do you guys think that it will be as nice as the full price Alexandra or did I just make a huge mistake? :wondering

Jun 15, 2009
I have been wanting a old school Alexandra for a long time now. I finally pulled the trigger on one from Ebay. I assumed that because it had the gorgeous purple lining, that it was not an outlet bag. I started going through old threads and discovered that I did purchase a MFF bag. It is pebbled black leather. Do you guys think that it will be as nice as the full price Alexandra or did I just make a huge mistake? :wondering
FP is not always better. They did mke great mff bags.

momtok

Daughter & Tim Gunn
O.G.
Aug 21, 2009
Team Tom/Sarah !
My mother-in-law has a MFF bag with pebbled purple leather, and the leather is surprisingly heavy/thick/nice. (Which to me is a selling point.) Actually thicker and nicer than a lot of their FP leather. So I would definitely reserve judgment until you receive the bag, and then try to judge the leather on its own merits, *without* bias. :smile:

glazebrookgirl

Cookies, please?!
O.G.
Jul 16, 2010
Cen Cal
I think you will be happy, I think the MFF Alexandras are very nice. I have a FP and bought my mom a MFF. You can't really tell the difference. My mom loves hers!

farris2

Still Searching
O.G.
Sep 20, 2009
Memphis Area
www.limelightbyalcone.com
I hope you love it. Good luck.:smile:

Britexmom

Britexmom
Jul 20, 2012
San Antonio, TX
One of my fave bags is my mff large Zoe, it's no less gorgeous than the FP one....in fact I think it's better because it has silver hardware and the FP had bronze :biggrin: I hope you love your bag and don't give a hoot about an F on the creed .

purse-cursed

My HG changes daily
O.G.
Mar 20, 2009
Canada
I have and love both Alexandras. While the FP is softer and has more details, the MFF is lighter in weight and the leather is much nicer than I expected it would be from the outlet :smile:

sandyclaws

Mrs. F
Apr 27, 2010
NWA
i hope you do like it when you get it!! i find that some mff are just as great as a fp bag....i felt like some of the leather on the mff bags were softer and so much better than some of my fp leather bags......but i do love em all...really depends on which bag it is.