Did I lose this bet?

jeNYC

O.G.
Jan 20, 2010
Is it possible to get through someone on the phone when the clock strikes at 12 A.M. from new years eve going on to new years?

i made a bet with my bf and i cannot afford to lose

I don't see why not. Usually things aren't tied up unless there is an emergency. Many people are already with those they want to spend NYE with, so I imagine you will be fine.

you know what, let me clarify, will the phone work if i call on

11:59 P.M. (NYE) - 12 A.M. (new years day)

and 12 A.M. - 12:01

thanks!

Do the phones work? Yeah, they work like any other time of the year, time of day. They're not "down." If what you mean is will you get through rather than get a busy signal, that's impossible to say until you try it. Maybe you'll get through the first time you dial. Maybe you'll have to try a few times. We can't see the future...

you know what, let me clarify, will the phone work if i call on

11:59 P.M. (NYE) - 12 A.M. (new years day)

and 12 A.M. - 12:01

thanks!

Do the phones work? Yeah, they work like any other time of the year, time of day. They're not "down." If what you mean is will you get through rather than get a busy signal, that's impossible to say until you try it. Maybe you'll get through the first time you dial. Maybe you'll have to try a few times. We can't see the future...not this kind of future, at least...:whistle:

I think your BF is maybe refering to when you send out those happy new year texts at 12 to everyone and they take so long to go through because the servers are so busy. But otherwise Ive have made/received plenty of calls at midnight.

Yes. My boyfriend was in California a few years ago for New Year's Eve. I called him at EXACTLY 12EST (I had my finger over the "send" button at 11:59PM, and when it changed to 12:00, I hit send) to wish him Happy New Year. And, he called me at EXACTLY 12PST (or 3:00EST.)

It worked across 2 different time zones with no difficulty.

thanks everyone, we both live in nyc and we are gonna be next to each other when the clock strikes but he INSISTS that all the networks will be down, so i bet that if he loses, he will have to buy me a pair of louboutins!