Did I just get scammed on eBay?

heatdepot

Jan 5, 2012
So my item sells yesterday with BIN and the buyer pays me immediately via Paypal. I ship it out the same day.

So far so good..... then today I receive email from Paypal stating they are temporarly holding the funds and starting an investigation because they believe "the payment may not have been authorized by the Paypal account holder."

The problem of course is that I already shipped the item and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I've also paid for UPS shipping, which Paypal also seized so I am in the negative.

So what do I do now????? Do I have UPS stop delivery and return the package to me, which will cost me another $15? Or do I wait until investigation is over, hopefully before Friday, and hope it was just a misunderstanding?????

:help:

If the item gets delivered and it turns out to be a scam, will I be covered by Paypal?

I only shipped it because they gave me the go-ahead as the buyer was verified and his address was confirmed.

Although the buyer did badger me and try to get me to ship to a different address, which was next door... so instead of 104, he wanted it shipped to 105, which I guess should've been a red flag? But I held firm and shipped it to the address that was confirmed with Paypal.

So my item sells yesterday with BIN and the buyer pays me immediately via Paypal. I ship it out the same day.

So far so good..... then today I receive email from Paypal stating they are temporarly holding the funds and starting an investigation because they believe "the payment may not have been authorized by the Paypal account holder."

The problem of course is that I already shipped the item and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday. I've also paid for UPS shipping, which Paypal also seized so I am in the negative.

So what do I do now????? Do I have UPS stop delivery and return the package to me, which will cost me another $15? Or do I wait until investigation is over, hopefully before Friday, and hope it was just a misunderstanding?????

:help:
I'm pretty sure if the address was confirmed you're covered.

I called PP and they said since I already shipped, they will return the funds to me after UPS confirms delivery with SC.

I guess I should be happy that I refused to ship to a different address like the buyer kept badgering me to do. It appears he claimed someone hacked his PP account so he could file INR.

But I wont celebrate until I get the money especially after all the horror stories Ive read here.

you can also call UPS and recall the package.

This.

Why not just have the item returned to you? I don't trust anything PP/Ebay promises. One agent says one thing and a different one says the opposite. If you recall the package at least you will have your merchandise.

If I intercept the package then I have to pay UPS another $15. Then if the transaction is legit, another $20 to re-ship it. So I'd be out $55.

I mean arent I protected by seller protection since I did everything they asked of me? Or are you saying they can go back on their word?

Sorry, but I just don't trust PP. I guess I would rather be out $55 and have the $500 item in my possession than wait for a potentially beneficial outcome at the hands of PP. They are not the most consistent entity as far as I can tell. This board alone has seen more than it's fair share of WTF decisions from them. A bird in the hand......................;)

But that is just my opinion. If it were my $500 item I would consider recalling it. Others would not. :shrugs: I just wish they would be consistent in the application of their policies is all. :rtr:

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.:flowers:

Why not just have the item returned to you? I don't trust anything PP/Ebay promises. One agent says one thing and a different one says the opposite. If you recall the package at least you will have your merchandise.
Exactly. PP as a whole does not seem to have guidelines that are written in stone...one representative says one thing, another rep. says something completely different. OP, each time you speak w/PP get the agent's name and perhaps an extension. I really hope everything works out in your favor!
:flowers: