Did I Give the Wrong Advice?

You did the right thing. It would NOT be your place to tell her boyfriend because you're not the one that cheated on him. He is.

It sounds like it was only a one-time thing, right? So by telling him it would only unecessarily hurt him. The only time she should tell him is if she's planning on leaving her boyfriend for this guy. But if it was a one night stand (something she'll never EVER do again) why do that to her boyfriend?

And don't judge her. Even if you REALLY disagree with what she did.

koukanamiya said:
Hmm ... so maybe I shouldn't have said anything and just told my friend that I couldn't give her any advice? I asked my SO what is the best advice to give in this situation and he had no idea either. However, he said that if it were him, he would want to know. I agree as well, I'd rather know than not know, although if I know, I'd dump the person.

I'm really worried about my friend right now. I do NOT know her boyfriend. Never met him actually and have only heard about him through my friend. I know they have issues due to cultural differences and her parents not approving him (and according to her, he was afraid to tell his parents about her because she was Asian).

Now I wish I had told her I couldn't give her any advice ... I'm feeling responsible for any outcome that might have ensued ...

Yes I would say nothing. As bad as it is to cheat, its none of our business. Its her life, her bf, her relationship so I would def. not say anything in terms of advice or suggestions at all, since the problem is not between you and her. Its really between the 3 of them so why bother.

But hey whats said is said. :smile:

Next time, let her decide for herself what to do(even though that's what she will ultimately do.) She got herself into this, now she has to get herself out of this. But the advice you gave, was the same thing I thought when reading this. Now, just avoid this situation.