Did I get brown shoes painted black??? Help!... E-bay purchase.

Missrocks

Apr 6, 2008
So I got my VP's today, from a seller on E-bay. She said they were only worn a few times. But whats weird is that you can brown coming through the black in some areas. It definitely looks like black shoe polish was used along the edges. And in the toe area brown is showing through????? I haven't seen this with any other my CL's.

Also the writing on the inside is smaller than my Bruges. Did I get fakes?? Something is definitely wrong! See pics.

Also these very misrepresented. The first picture was posted by seller on e-bay. Looks to be double platform. The ones that arrived are fully wrapped. Seller sold them with no return policy. Can I demand my money back?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Picture seller posted on E-bay.
11louboutins.jpg

Picture of what I got.

Picture4641024x768.jpg

Picture4631024x768.jpg

Picture4671024x768.jpg

They are definetely not the same shoe - I *think* the first shoe is No Prive but the shoe you have is Very Prive? Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to help!! xxx

That is very weird.
It definitely looks like she dyed them black!
Did she buy them on eBay herself?
Ask her where she got them.

That is totally not normal wear.

If you paid by Paypal (or CC), you can do a chargeback.
And, you can report the problem to eBay.

But, as always, try to solve it amicably first.
You never know if she'll honor your request even if she originally said no returns....

The top pic looks like the Yoyo Zeppa, and the bottoms are the VPs.

That alone is fair reason for return.

The item was clearly misrepresented. I would contact the seller to see what he/she has to say. And, then I would file a claim via Paypal immediately. Even if the seller is being cooperative, it's always good to file a claim with Paypal to make sure things go smoothly should you choose to return them for a refund.

Print out the original auction w/ the photos from it and take several photos of the ones you received. Go into great detail about the different coloring, condition, a concealed platform vs. exposed (very prive vs. yoyo zeppa) and offer to send photos to show the differences.

I pride myself on my honesty and describing everything to the best of my ability in my Ebay auctions and this item was grossly misrepresented. I understand we are human and make mistakes, but this was a BIG one.

I hope you get your money back!

you def. didn't get the shoes pictured in the auction, that's for sure. I'm no whizz at authenticating shoes, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you with that. I'd be weary, though, as this style has been widely faked. Either way, I'd contact the seller and possibly file a SNAD with PP.

They are definetely not the same shoe - I *think* the first shoe is No Prive but the shoe you have is Very Prive? Someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon to help!! xxx

You're right they are two different shoes. The pictures in the auction is of the YoYo Zeppa. The one sent is the Very Prive.

Hopefully it is a genuine mistake and the seller used a stock photo from someone elses auction or something to represent hers - maybe the seller does not know a lot about CL's and simply chose the ones that looked most similar? Did they have other photos?

I can't really see where you mean the brown is coming through - but that is probably down to my bad eyesight than your pictures! But it does look like it has a brown heel tip??

Wow, everyone here is so helpful! Thanks so much!

And thanks for letting me know the original picture was a Yoyo Zeppa. That is what I really want. I wasn't sure if the VP came in two different styles of platform or not- shows you what I know~

They actually provided the original receipt and when I called the SA verified that they were purchased in "luggage" brown. That just more proof (as if I already couldn't tell!) that they were dyed black! How horrible!

This seller has been awful about communication too. I paid last Sunday. On Monday she said she would ship them ASAP. Then on Weds promised to ship them and give me tracking number. By Saturday, I had heard nothing, so I emailed and her sister emailed me back promising they went out Thursday. Still no tracking number. Guess what? They came today and were shipped....yesterday on Monday! I hate sellers like this.

I already opened a claim with paypal in the resolution center. And left the seller an Email and phone message. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Question for you guys- should I leave negative feedback at this point, or wait to see what seller has to say about returns?

And if I paid through a credit card on paypal is it safe to say I will for sure get my money back out of this whole thing? Cause if its for sure that I do, I am calling a CL boutique today to find myself a pair, cause I'm feeling CL fever.

Sorry for all the questions!

And if I paid through a credit card on paypal is it safe to say I will for sure get my money back out of this whole thing? Cause if its for sure that I do, I am calling a CL boutique today to find myself a pair, cause I'm feeling CL fever.

Sorry for all the questions!

Simply put, no. I hate to say that but I was in a similar situation and PayPals' response to me was that they wouldn't do anything b/c I recieved the item. I got stuck with a fake. It was a terrible experience and they were not helpful at all.

I would recommend asking the eBay forum for advice on how to deal with PayPal. Good luck. Please keep us updated!

Your credit card company can file a chargeback for you - you are covered under some selling and purchasing act through credit cards. Look up paypals help pages for more info.. You definetely have more safety with a CC than you do by paying through a bank account.

Hopefully it is a genuine mistake and the seller used a stock photo from someone elses auction or something to represent hers - maybe the seller does not know a lot about CL's and simply chose the ones that looked most similar? Did they have other photos?

I can't really see where you mean the brown is coming through - but that is probably down to my bad eyesight than your pictures! But it does look like it has a brown heel tip??

Yes definitely a brown heel tip! This is so horrifying I didn't want to believe it at first. :cursing:

Why would anyone defile CL's like that?

And thanks for the suggestions to ask questions in the ebay forum. I started a post over there. I'm really glad I paid by credit card. I don't know if to file a complaint with Bank of America now, or wait to see if paypal resolves it.

Oh, the frustration. And all I wanted was a new pair of CL's for my B-day. :crybaby: