Did I get brown shoes painted black??? Help!... E-bay purchase.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you! :sad: People can be so dishonest.

I inadvertently bought a pair of fake CLs awhile ago--again, the pictures were different than the shoes, and I suspect they were stolen. To make matters worse, ebay sent me an email right after I had paid, saying the seller's account had been closed. I was so upset!

I filed a claim with paypal, and included very specific notes about what I received, why I knew the shoes were fake, and the tracking number when I returned the item--all on record with paypal. I did receive a refund, excluding shipping, because I just wanted the ordeal to be over at that point.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to help!

Snowwhite~ Good to know that you managed to get a refund. Mind me asking about how long it took to get all of that processed? I just want an idea of how long I may have to wait.

I guess worst case I could probably get a black heel tip and have the cobbler try and cover up the brown and re-paint the soles red where the shoe polish is obvious. Yes- black splotches of what smells like shoe polish on the red soles...discusting! C'mon, if you are going to try and scam me, at least do a decent job! The only thing that couldn't be fixed to my liking, is that the leather is a little "wrinkled" probably due to the dying in some areas.

i wouldn't leave negative feedback just yet. you might still get some cooperation from the seller if you hold off.

i thought paypal would only do a chargeback if you paid with paypal buyer credit, and that if you paid with a credit card via paypal, then it's up to your bank if they want to help you or not.

i wouldn't leave negative feedback just yet. you might still get some cooperation from the seller if you hold off.

i thought paypal would only do a chargeback if you paid with paypal buyer credit, and that if you paid with a credit card via paypal, then it's up to your bank if they want to help you or not.

I may call paypal and ask them. Thanks for the info.

I hope you resolve this problem. I hate to see people trying to scam others. :cursing: I had a seller send me the wrong pair of sunglasses once, and I had to file a claim with paypal. Luckily for me, once I filed the claim the seller refunded me the money.

lol so do I actually! How much did you pay for them? Is there anyway they can be 'stripped' of any sort of paint or grease that is on top of the original leather? The leather looks a bit creased at the front so maybe the seller had tried to spruce them up a bit and used the wrong polish. As I said, I am hoping this is a misunderstanding for you - maybe she could do a partial refund? xxx

I guess a partial refund is another option, if I even want to go there. I talked to the cobbler about them and he said that the brown should be able to be touched up, and add new black heel caps.

The creased/ wrinkled leather does both me a bit though, although its not noticible unless you're up close.

I paid 575 for them. Anyone have any suggestions on if you would try and ask for a partial refund and just keep them. If so how much?

Snowwhite~ Good to know that you managed to get a refund. Mind me asking about how long it took to get all of that processed? I just want an idea of how long I may have to wait.

I had to wait a few days after I had received the shoes to file a dispute--they have a minimum number of days post-purchase--I don't remember how long it was--14 days, or something like that. I filed a dispute, and waited for a response from the seller. She replied a few days later, saying the shoes were authentic. (Yeah right.) I listed the reasons I knew they were fake--again. I also returned the shoes, and posted the tracking number and a link to the tracking website on the paypal site. I asked for the entire amount including shipping to be refunded. When I saw that the returned shoes had been received, I linked to the tracking site again--posting that she had received them on the paypal site. The seller sent me an email claiming she could not refund until I had closed the dispute. I called paypal, and waited for eternity on hold until I could speak to someone to confirm that was false. They told me to escalate the claim. Once I did that, she offered a refund minus shipping, which I accepted. This was just a few days later. I could have continued to fight with her, but I just didn't want to deal with it anymore. I had paid with visa via paypal, and visa was not helpful, really. Paypal was better--I assume the seller did not want to lose her paypal account--needing it for future scams.

Be sure to document everything on the paypal dispute--don't leave anything open for the seller to lie--you already know they are capable of it!

Unless you can be truly happy with the shoes, you should return them. You can get new ones for not that much more, really.

Thanks Snowwhite for all the info. :tup:

Yeah, I just can't convince myself that I would want them, even if I got a partial refund. Even if I did manage to get them cleaned up and get a few hundred refunded, I would still feel funny about them.

I will find a way to get my money back and then somehow mangage to get Black Patent VP's with burgandy tips in a 38...even though no one has them right now.
If I knew those were on their way to me right now, it would make me feel a lot better about things..

If you didnt know, I just got an email from NAP and it looks like the shoes you want just got there. The black patent with the red toe, right?

Maybe its burgundy, I cant tell. But its worth a look!

I would not accept these at any price.

She swindled you, so you should go for a full refund – including the shipping costs you paid and will have to pay to send them back to her.

But, if you would be happy with them with some repair work, I'd say get at least half your money back. She never would have gotten that much for them if they were sold with an honest description. I bet they would have sold for $150 at the most.

Wishing you the best of luck with these... :flowers:

I guess a partial refund is another option, if I even want to go there. I talked to the cobbler about them and he said that the brown should be able to be touched up, and add new black heel caps.

The creased/ wrinkled leather does both me a bit though, although its not noticible unless you're up close.

I paid 575 for them. Anyone have any suggestions on if you would try and ask for a partial refund and just keep them. If so how much?

oh wow i can't believe NAP has them. the black patent with black toe is my HG. mustkeeptheblackjazzihavemustkeeptheblackjazzihave.

i cannot believe anyone would do this. i wish she would respond to you, if only to say WHY she did it. it's unreal.