Did I Do the Right Thing? Regular to Midi?

Moonstarr

O.G.
Jan 4, 2007
Okay, so I have two bags in bespoke that I can still change; 1) Pearlized Lilac TME and 2) Matte Apple Green LM.

I just received the LM's in Tan and Dark Grey and it IS a big bag, BUT still wearable. I don't feel uncomfortable wearing it, but it does feel a bit heavy. I do love all that gorgeous leather though, and the smell ... oh dear. So good.

Anyhooo ... I've never had a Midi (except for a WTM Midi which I love), so I decided to change those two bags to the Midi versions. I don't want anything that will seem too small, and I like the slouch of the regular size, but I would prefer something a bit smaller than the regular sizes, but still have some slouch and be totally awesome.

Do you think I made the right decision? I've gone over and over photos and in some photos the Midi's look just the way I like them, and in others they seem stiffer than the regular sizes (more boxy, but maybe because they were new?). I wish I had a Midi then I would know for sure.

I just don't want to regret getting the Midi's, incase when I receive them I wish I'd gotten the full sizes. But then the Midi's could be just what I've been looking for. But then if the leather is amazing (like I know it will be) then I will miss those couple of inches? Size doesn't really matter right? ;)

So .. if you were me .. what would you do?

I have recently acquired a TME Midi and find the size perfect. Based on that experience and the fact that the Lilac Pearlized leather seems quite chunky and a bit less gatherable than some, I ordered a LM Midi in that leather. I really hope that we have both made the right choice.

I think the midi is the perfect everyday size! And with time it will smoosh a bit. This is my bf's and I love this picture!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    ChocoCrashLMmidi.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 215
I have full size LMs and a TME. I have never ordered a midi becuase I have found that I would rather carry a bit of extra space than feel like the stuff I carry makes the bag feel full. Unless you are a small person, I am not sure the difference in size makes that different a fashion statement, not like suddenly carrying a a big square tote. So, I would not have downsized, but there are certainly enough fans of the midis to consider it a mistake.

I love the look of the full size (and the added woven shoulder strap) but I know that for me the midi size works better. So I just make sure to add an additional zip to my midi's and I get the look and the size in one package! :smile:

I've had both sizes of Love Me. My full size stayed on the shelf whereas the Midi got out more. If you like to messenger wear your bags, the Midi might also be more comfortable to wear that way. I know I enjoyed wearing my Midi that way. I ordered a Pewter Love Me Midi and was wondering if I should have upgraded size to the full size to get more of the leather but I know in reality, it's a tad too much bag and weight for my current needs so I left my order as is. I love the 2 zips on the Love Me so I added that to my Midi.

I think based on what you've said, the Midis were a good choice. Plus you do already have 2 Love Mes so it makes sense to mix up your collection a bit. I have read the Love Me Midi can hold more things than a WTM Midi.

I agree with everyone so far, esp. camommy. I adore big bags, and don't mind heavy bags either (my first BE bespoke was a full-sized LM). That said, I recently bought a LM mini and LOVE that size...now I am back into smaller bags, and have ordered the LM Midi for the black crash bespoke. I think that it's the perfect size and look, esp. if you can get two zips! You made the right choice, for sure. :yes:

Okay, perfect ... you have all given me peace of mind. The general consensus is to stick with the Midi's. I do love the full sizes, but I don't think I will regret getting the Midi's. I think they may be a better size for me. I went from somewhat smaller bags to a Bal City (which I thought was big at the time), then to a Bal Day (which I thought was even bigger), but now that I've used the LM's, I went back to my Day today and it seemed so tiny! :smile: I don't carry alot though ... just wallet, Bal Makeup Clutch, Coin Purse and phone ... so the Midi size will probably work great. AND THEN if I want to carry more with me, I'll have the option of some larger bags. I feel much better about my decision now. Thank you everyone! :flowers:

I just had to update ... so I decided to customize my bags too! Not only did I change them to the Midi's, BUT I decided to have the straps shortened by 2" and the narrow padded shoulder strap included. I love it when bags can easily be handheld, but also have a shoulder strap ... so I figure this may be the best of both worlds for me. I'm so excited! :smile:

^^That is such an excellent idea-I might do that with my next midi order. Did you get the additional zip pocket on the front as well?

No, I decided to just stick with the one pocket. I do like the look of the two, but don't mind just the one (it reminds me of my Bal bags!). I can't wait to see these alternations in person! I wish I would have thought of it sooner and I would have asked for those changes on the LM's I just got in.