Did I do it correctly?

NikNak022

Mar 25, 2006
I went to Burlington Coat Factory today and bought the appleguard leather conditioner and anti-water spray for my new white baby spy, which has gotten dirty in the short 2 or 3 week span that I've had it :cry:. I've read on the forum that the leather conditioner actually acts as a light cleaner so I was hoping it would remove some of the dirt. However, while it removed a little, it did not do half of what I expected. I was wondering if you really have to scrub it or maybe my expectations were simply to high? Does anyone have any other suggestions for removing dirt and actually a pen mark also :shame: from white spy leather? Oh and one other thing. How does everyone go about spraying thier bags with the water resistant spray? Do you lie it out somewhere and just spray? Sorry for the long winded post but hopefully you guys can help.

When I sprayed my bag I put down a big piece of cloth I didn't care about under it, then sprayed one side. I used the Apple Guard spray, so I did one coat, let it dry for 30 minutes, did another coat, let it dry for another 30 minutes, then flipped the bag over. This was on my Novak. It seemed to work pretty well, but the bag hasn't been exposed to any rain or other water droplets since. I did notice that my surface scratches blended in after the treatment, and I use the Apple conditioner to blend in new scratches (this &^%$# leather scratches so easily . . .) every couple days. I use a microfiber mitt to apply the conditioner.