Did I buy the wrong bag?

Sep 21, 2007
Hey all! I recently bought the medium sized blue Diorama with the champagne hardware in Paris (I live in San Francisco). I LOVE the bag so so much.

But..... am I wondering if I made the wrong purchase decision?

I am typically a Chanel girl. I don't have too many Chanel bags. I have a black WOC, a white patent 2.55 (which needs to be redyed, it is not looking so good) and a lambskin flap with gold hardware (sort of vintage looking, but not the classic flap, it was some sort of seasonal bag). and do not have the classic flap or a Boy (which I would choose if I made a purchase from Chanel).

I am seeing that Chanel's pricing is just increasing, and am reading how important it is for the resale value. Should I have gotten the boy or the medium classic flap?

How is the quality on Chanel vs the Dior Diorama?

My hope is to use this bag both daytime and nighttime, and on regular rotation, so more of a daily bag. Is this bag better as a daily bag because it is more discreet vs the Chanel? (Realize this is totally a personal question)

Trying to not regret the purchase!

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 898
I like this color and the bag is beautiful and will go with a black, white, denim, grey, etc. Use it and enjoy. If you really want the classic flap or boy, you can it to your collection at a later date.

Thanks all for your feedback! For reference here’s a pic of me wearing a bit more formal outfit than usual. That’s being said I do wear a lot of black haha.

Do you think that the Chanel flap or boy for everyday might be “too much” or is the Diorama the right mix of pretty and trendy?

Attachments

• E90A8075-38C8-4005-8EA1-633AE8712196.jpeg
    E90A8075-38C8-4005-8EA1-633AE8712196.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 846
Thanks all for your feedback! For reference here’s a pic of me wearing a bit more formal outfit than usual. That’s being said I do wear a lot of black haha.

Do you think that the Chanel flap or boy for everyday might be “too much” or is the Diorama the right mix of pretty and trendy?
I think it looks amazing on you. I prefer this grained calfskin and the suede lining over most of the materials used on the Boy Chanel. Better yet, you can use the price difference to buy a wallet to go with your bag.

i love that color combo and looks great on you. having said that, if you have doubts about the bag, you should definitely reconsider your options. as to quality between chanel and dior - there are many discussions on this forum; dior is generally more consistent with the quality compared to chanel. the ultimate choice is yours. my final 2 cents, i love my diors much more than the chanels :smile:

Reactions: amanda_lynn