Did I buy a metallic 2.55 from last season?

Londoner

O.G.
Jan 30, 2007
Hi everyone,
Some of you might have read from my previous post about feeling lucky that I bought a metallic navy 2.55 size 227 in a department store in London last week when all metallic 2.55 was sold out everywhere in Rome and London. The SA told me that this navy 2.55 suppose to be launched this week but he sold it to me last week anyway. I was so happy thinking I got a bag from the latest season before most people. However, when I saw from some posts today that the new metallic navy 2.55 comes with black hardware. Then I starting to realise that I might have got a metallic navy 2.55 from past season :confused1: In this case, what the SA told me was not true. Another curious point is that when the spring summer metallic navy were sold out everywhere months ago, how come they are in stock in the department store in London? I hope I can get the answers from the Chanel experts here. Many Thanks.

Sorry, the SA took the paper tag away when I purchased the bag. I guess they don't give the paper tag to the customer as I didn't get the paper tag when I bought the classic flap bag in London last year.

Hmmm... in your receipt, is there a series of number that starts with 08.....?

I am not sure if your 2.55 is a past season one, Chanel might have released 2 different HWs for the same bag in the same season, they did it to the matte black reissues this year; so yours might just be from the current season.
personally I prefer the Navy 2.55 in the silver HW...;)

will check the receipt when I got home tonight. As far as I remember, the store uses a different code on the receipt. I did ask the SA to copy down the model number of the bag I bought, will post that tonight.

Sorry, the SA took the paper tag away when I purchased the bag. I guess they don't give the paper tag to the customer as I didn't get the paper tag when I bought the classic flap bag in London last year.

yeh my flaps paper tag got removed too.
can you go back to see the ones they will have on display and compare yours to them?

that's very nice of you, unfortunately the digital camera is with my bf at the moment. I bought the bag from Harrods and when I checked with all the Chanel in London last week including Selfridges, all metallic 2.55 size 227 were sold out everywhere in London. When I bought the bag in Harrods, there were still another size 227 metallic navy left but not sure if it is sold out by now. They also have the 08 fall dark silver / metallic grey in stock.