Did I buy a fake star bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyAngel

O.G.
Apr 23, 2006
I just bought a boston star bag off ebay & am wondering if the bag is fake. I got the receipt from the seller. The seller got it from "Saks Fifth Avenue" & on the receipt, it said "C Dior Day Bag" & the bag is $1145 before tax...it was bought in May 2004. I have posted some picture below. Also, the leather is thinner & somewhat more shiny & distress than my Star Saddle bag. The leather is thicker on the bottom of the bag only. Also, the name on the tag doesn't seem to match the bag. What do you guys think? :confused1:

592101.jpeg

Hi Happy Angel,
nothing about the bag screams fake to me. the interior tag is correct, the exterior paper tag, authenticity card, dustbag, etc are all in order. I'd say that it's the real deal. :yes:

congrats on your new purchase! and just a gentle reminder that it'd be better if any authenticity questions were posted in the "authenticate this" thread at the top of the subforum. ;)

Hi Happy Angel,
nothing about the bag screams fake to me. the interior tag is correct, the exterior paper tag, authenticity card, dustbag, etc are all in order. I'd say that it's the real deal. :yes:

congrats on your new purchase! and just a gentle reminder that it'd be better if any authenticity questions were posted in the "authenticate this" thread at the top of the subforum. ;)

Hi, zerodross..should I post it in the authenticate this thread again? Or can this thread be moved? Thanks!

nah no worries about it. i think swanky or some other mod will probably lock this thread up. you can post your future authenticity questions in the "authenticate this" thread next time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.