Did I buy a fake paddington from therealreal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a paddington from therealreal. It passed all the tests regarding authenticity (lock is correct, soft and heavy leather, very slouchy, ykk, brass metal, only silver is on the zipper, heavy cotton canvas interior, leather smell, seams on handles point outwards, straight stiching). It even had the inside leather tab with a 10 digit serial number. The color is a very dark brown.

I found this same serial number elsewhere:

https://www.lxrco.com/chloe/handbags/paddington-black-leather-1dtk

Please advise! I suppose if its a fake, i will raise hell with realreal regardless of their no return policy and demand my $245 back.

You might want to double check on the authentication thread but I'm pretty sure Chloe tags are not embossed with individual serial numbers but rather a date and style code, I've had five Chloes, but not a Paddington, and the stamped numbers are not unique to each bag, but to the year and model. HTH!

You might want to double check on the authentication thread but I'm pretty sure Chloe tags are not embossed with individual serial numbers but rather a date and style code, I've had five Chloes, but not a Paddington, and the stamped numbers are not unique to each bag, but to the year and model. HTH!
Thanks for your reply, and yes, that helps a lot. If my paddy is a fake, it's a damn good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.