Did empreinte leather change between 2014 and 2016?

mrsadrienneg

Jul 26, 2012
Hi, I'm usually just a lurker and have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful pictures. Today, I am looking for advice on a bag I recently purchased. I purchased a noir Montaigne GM in the empreinte print in March of 2016. I adored the bag but in Nov, I went through a phase where I tried to downsize what I carry in my purse and sold a few of my bigger bags along with the Montaigne. I regretted it and recently decided to repurchase it. I found one on Yoogis Closet last week that was in "like new" condition and took a leap. Well, I got the bag today and was disappointed with it as I unpackaged it. It feels "different". My husband doesn't understand what I mean, but the leather feels different. The bag in general feels lighter, the leather feels rougher, but overall, feels less substantial than I remember. I was so excited about this bag and I'm not in love with it as I wanted to be.

Ladies, have you ever felt this way before? The only thing I can think of is that the empreinte leather changed from 2014 to 2016? The bag from Yoogis is from 2014. The bag I sold was made in early 2016.

I'm not sure what to do. Or how to explain this feeling. Maybe I should visit the LV store...

I understand how you feel. I bought a new speedy after selling my well cared for old one. The new one is just not the same quality but a lot more expensive. So now I'm looking into pre loved vintage ones. I know things change and I guess we just have to deal with changes as a norm or dwell on it.

Reactions: Meandmy