Did Coach ever make bags in "made in USA" or was it always china?

Up to about the 2000's it was always Made in USA throughout when I bought Coach back in the 80's and 90's. The creed on the inside tag was always "..... fine materials crafted in USA........" instead of crafted in China that you see now.

They all used to be made in the USA (traditional leather) and Italy (which made the exotics and pricey "Madison" and "Gramercy" lines), but in the 90's they started to make them in other countries like Costa Rica, Turkey, and Mexico. At this point they're only made in two places- China for 99.9% of the items, and Italy only for the exotics.

Coach's reputation was made from their American-made bags. A lot of people who own the classic bags won't even look at the newer ones.

That's probably why I see somany women sporting the vintage bags, particularly the Willis. I have a few of the classics from way back when and I'm so tempted sometimes to break them out and use them!

I think everyone should have/try at least one vintage Coach made in USA just to see how great they smelled and felt.

ITA!! The leather is like nothing else. I take my vintage bags out every so often just to look at them. The leather is so great, and they still have that great leather smell. They just exude a rich feel, you can tell by just looking at them that they are quality even if you don't know anything about Coach.

I have the Station Bag from 1999, and this was made in the USA. Back in 1999 (or at least from what I remember), their their bags were all leather. I don't remember signature popping up until 2000 and later.

I think Coach started having their bags made in China shortly after that, particularly when they started really getting into the signature bags.

I have a suede skinny that is made in Italy, from the early 2000. Also a red wallet, that is made in Spain, from 2001/2002. Still in great shape. A white leather dog key fob, made in Italy :smile:

Nowadays, the men's wallets are made in India. The jewelry are made in Vietnam /Thailand/China. Everything else is made in China...

:shrugs:

They all used to be made in the USA (traditional leather) and Italy (which made the exotics and pricey "Madison" and "Gramercy" lines), but in the 90's they started to make them in other countries like Costa Rica, Turkey, and Mexico. At this point they're only made in two places- China for 99.9% of the items, and Italy only for the exotics.

true but the bleecker bags that aren't out yet..some of them have origins of both china and italy. :confused1: