Did CL lowered their quality standards?

Has this happened to anyone? If yes what did you do? I purchased these 2 years ago but hardly used. I am so disappointed as this has never ever happened to any of my pumps which are way cheaper than CLs...

Attachments

• 20181022_193020.jpg
    20181022_193020.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 20181022_193007.jpg
    20181022_193007.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 224
  • 20181026_131504.jpg
    20181026_131504.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 224
Has this happened to anyone? If yes what did you do? I purchased these 2 years ago but hardly used. I am so disappointed as this has never ever happened to any of my pumps which are way cheaper than CLs...
Not my CL but I have had a pair of shoes do that to me. My local shoe repair place was able to fix it. Think they were a pair of Michael Kor shoes.

Oh my goodness!!! This has never happened to me with any of my heels, especially my Loubs. If you purchased them from Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom, take it to them to have it repaired. If you purchased them from the Louboutin boutique, you’re kind of SOL as they use various cobblers and you’ll have to take them in / ship it to them yourself. If you really want them fixed to brand new, you’ll have to ship them to MM7 in Paris or London. I haven’t shipped mine to them since I haven’t had any damage to my shoes but I have heard and seen great things from them. They only work with Louboutin so their craftsmanship is beyond excellent. You can email them with these photos you have posted here to get an estimate of how much it will cost.

Oh my goodness!!! This has never happened to me with any of my heels, especially my Loubs. If you purchased them from Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom, take it to them to have it repaired. If you purchased them from the Louboutin boutique, you’re kind of SOL as they use various cobblers and you’ll have to take them in / ship it to them yourself. If you really want them fixed to brand new, you’ll have to ship them to MM7 in Paris or London. I haven’t shipped mine to them since I haven’t had any damage to my shoes but I have heard and seen great things from them. They only work with Louboutin so their craftsmanship is beyond excellent. You can email them with these photos you have posted here to get an estimate of how much it will cost.

I brought it to our local CL botique in Toronto and they took it and said they will order the part (whole heel) and fix it using their local cobbler. I hope it turns out okay...stay tuned. I am just disappointed that this can happen to shoes this pricey. I barely used this pair and only indoors too at work. I also did not trip or anything like that...i was merely walking. I looked at the screws inside and they were short.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Well... I’m back with another rant!!!

I’m selling both my so kate leopardino and Pigalle follies 120mm degrade because they’re just too high for me to walk in anymore and wanted to purchase something in a 100mm instead.

I came across the kate 100mm degrade. I thought to myself that these would be a good replacement for the follies 120... they’re the same color variation (black/nude), and they have the degrade or ombré effect that I love so much on the follies.

I searched all over Los Angeles to find a pair because after what I’ve been through with CL shoes, I wanted to actually see what I was purchasing. Unfortunately, none of the stores carried them and the CL boutique didn’t have my size. If I really wanted them (which I did), I’d have to order them online. So... I did.

Fast forward, the pair I received from them were horrible!!! Dents and scratches on the patent leather, glue coming out of all angles of the shoe, loose stitching, non-shiny soles... I immediately called them, went through the return process, sent them photos of the shoes I received, printed the return label and shipped them off to exchange. Two days later I received my replacement. Thankfully the ones I have now don’t have dents and scratches, they do have some glue seeping out of them and the patent on the heel doesn’t look like it’s been stretched out enough to make it look flush and taught like my other pairs. The red sole is also thicker on the heel than any other CL I have ever owned, tried on, or seen. Another thing is the way the degrade from black to nude transitions... one shoe has more black coming above the arch than the other shoe. It’s not enough to view this as a flaw but it’s irritating enough for me because I notice it. Is it worth it for me to return them because of it? Probably not because exchanging is a hassle and you are allowed to only do a direct exchange once.

The strange thing is, I bought a pair two weeks prior (spike cross 100mm) at Barney’s and those are impeccable!!! There is not one flaw with its craftsmanship.

This leaves me to believe that classic styles such as Pigalle follies/Kate’s (previously decollete 554)/so Kate’s (and other icons) are being produced at an extremely fast rate due to their continuous demand. These shoemakers are either understaffed or overworked... probably both... so quality control is just letting these “flaws” slide. However, for us as consumers spending $1000+ on a pair of shoes, I’d expect them to have no flaws.

I just have to keep reminding myself that these shoes are handmade and each shoe is unique (left shoe and right shoe will always have some slight differences if you look close enough like I have). Then I think to myself that because these shoes are handmade, there shouldn’t be any issues.

I think it’s fair to say that quality wise/craftsmanship, CL’s aren’t worth more than $100-300 max.

Now if we’re strictly viewing it from a creative/design factor, these shoes are priceless, whatever the style might be.

I have a new appreciation for luxury shoes after all of these CL issues I’ve encountered. So far, all of the YSL, Manolo Blahnik, Giuseppe Zanotti, Tom Ford, Gucci, Gianvito Rossi, Alaia, and Jimmy Choo heels I have purchased in the past and present have never declined in quality and craftsmanship. Can’t say the same for Valentino’s because they’re right up there with Louboutin.

Last edited:
The strange thing is, I bought a pair two weeks prior (spike cross 100mm) at Barney’s and those are impeccable!!! There is not one flaw with its craftsmanship.

I meant to say Saks Fifth Avenue... not Barney’s! Lol I tend to mix the two stores because they’re literally right next door to one another... and I always have to go into both places when I’m in Beverly Hills. :smile: