Did anyone see the Intervention episode with Allison?

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
She was addicted to inhaling computer dust off? I was just wondering if anyone saw it! My sensitive side felt so sorry for someone with such a habit, my evil side...had to laugh as I had NEVER seen anyone walking around just sucking on a can all day. It was something else.

When I was watching that episode, I was hoping that kids watching would not be tempted since the duster is so cheap and easily obtainable.

our Police Chief sent our entire little city a letter about the warnings of this stuff about a year ago.

It's VERY bad, it was refrigerant in it. . . not for the lungs:shocked:

^^It was a good episode but it made me thinking the same, hope it doesnt give people new ideas on how to get high, i would never ever think that someone get get high off dust cleaner and showing on tv how easily attainable it is - just made me very worried that teenagers will see it and decide to try it out

She was addicted to inhaling computer dust off? I was just wondering if anyone saw it! My sensitive side felt so sorry for someone with such a habit, my evil side...had to laugh as I had NEVER seen anyone walking around just sucking on a can all day. It was something else.

ITA! I tried not to laugh but when they played the commercial clip of her slurring "I feel like I am walking on sunshine" over and over, it made me laugh each time!

I was startled by the figure that 33% of people who use duster to get high, die the first time they use. My figure maybe a little off, as that is what I remember from the show and when researching it online the number varies from 22-39%; but nevertheless, it was very high.

Last summer a student at my school died from using duster; he was 12. It's very scary stuff!

The episode was good, memorable...very sad. I wonder how many other people are secretly addicted to that dust cleaner? Her addiction was just beyond crazy...how could she function in any way...and she drove? I wish her well on her recovery.

^^ I think because the high lasts for 2-3 minutes, she can get her "fix" and then become coherent enough to drive? That was how I reasoned it (or hoped) when watching.

i was shocked how impaired she was when high on duster -- she seemed like she had brain damage (which would be accurate since inhalants basically make your brain cells snap crackle pop). but then when they showed her clean, she seemed like a regular person. i was mostly shocked how much her family enabled her. while i have never had someone close to me have a problem of this magnitude, i have been in situations where i had to wrest the drink/whatever out of the person's hands to make them stop. and i did it even though they kicked, yelled and said they hated me. but mom obviously had a lot of guilt that got in her way of helping her daughter. wasn't it pathetic that granny was at the intervention? the poor lady is like 80 and has to deal with this??

Intervention is one of my favorite shows but it is so sad...

had not seen this epi yet, watched the utube clip which I have to admit my evil side made me chuckle a bit too. Does she really get arrested while filming?

When I was in HS, huffing Glade air freshener was the thing for a while. I never tried it b/c I was afraid (not that I hadn't tried whip its/nitrous) but I did have one friend who would huff anything he could get his hands on. We were at a party one time and he huffed a bunch of oven cleaner and then was practically non-responsive for an hour or so, just lying on the floor. He'd pick his head up when you said his name but that was about it. Really scary, one of us should have been mature enough to call for help but we didn't. Luckily he was fine.

Going to watch the full epi on youtube now...