DId anyone else notice the Pin It option?

Pinterest is a site where you can make virtual bulletin boards of things you like, recipes,crafts etc. Many sites have a direct link where you can pin things to your boards. I just noticed that this site has a Pin It button on posts with pictures.

I personally think it's really a nice feature. If someone didn't want their photos public then they shouldn't be posted at all on the internet. So for me, I LUV IT :smile: But I love Pinterest also and yes, I do pin others photos that I enjoy and I know many have pinned my photos that I don't mind having on the internet.

The pin option appears if there are images posted using the or [attach] tags. I am working on a solution to make the pin button appear if a post has attachments that are not posted inline (using the mentioned tags).

I disagree with the likelihood increasing of image being stolen if they are pinned. Everyone needs to be fully aware that any content posted anywhere to the [U]public[/U] realm are subject to potential theft or abuse. If you don't want an image to be potentially reproduced in any capacity, don't post it online. :idea:

The idea is to leverage the Pinterest social platform as means to expand on social sharing... which is what I assume every poster here is looking for when posting images for the social community to see. :tup: