Arts & Crafts Diaper Cakes/Creations

Theren

Plus size Goddess
O.G.
Mar 29, 2010
I searched for threads on this and the only one I found was too old to respond to.

Me and a few of my best friends are hosting a "Sprinkle" for one of our other best friends (its a secret... shhhh). I wanted to do something unique and I decided to do a diaper cake since my mother used to make them all the time for her OBGYN office. I did some research online to get ideas and I found so much more than just cakes..

I decided on two flowers (which were made from a wash rag and five diapers each) and a baby bassinet (Which was made from 17 diapers, also includes: 6 spoons, 4 hair flowers, 2 pacifiers, a digital thermometer, a teething toy, and a bib). I also hand painted the wooden letters in the front a used a glue gun to attach those to the ribbon so she can use the diapers.

This was the first time I did one of these and I already have people asking me to make these for them and they will pay me.. something I never thought I would enjoy and it took me about 20 minutes!! Anyone else ever did a diaper cake??

Pictures are a must lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20140626_225455428.jpg
    IMG_20140626_225455428.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20140626_225521337.jpg
    IMG_20140626_225521337.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_20140626_225529479.jpg
    IMG_20140626_225529479.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 419
I searched for threads on this and the only one I found was too old to respond to.

Me and a few of my best friends are hosting a "Sprinkle" for one of our other best friends (its a secret... shhhh). I wanted to do something unique and I decided to do a diaper cake since my mother used to make them all the time for her OBGYN office. I did some research online to get ideas and I found so much more than just cakes..

I decided on two flowers (which were made from a wash rag and five diapers each) and a baby bassinet (Which was made from 17 diapers, also includes: 6 spoons, 4 hair flowers, 2 pacifiers, a digital thermometer, a teething toy, and a bib). I also hand painted the wooden letters in the front a used a glue gun to attach those to the ribbon so she can use the diapers.

This was the first time I did one of these and I already have people asking me to make these for them and they will pay me.. something I never thought I would enjoy and it took me about 20 minutes!! Anyone else ever did a diaper cake??

Pictures are a must lol!
This is so cute and thoughtful!

My newest one.. A tractor! I'm still not done completely. I need more ribbon for the back wheel and I added the little girls name to the top (once it's complete I'll add finals pics)

Attachments

• 1407582048210.jpg
    1407582048210.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 316
My newest creation..I finished the ears tonight... Will post completed picture tomorrow.

Attachments

• 1426653089798.jpg
    1426653089798.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 254

Pictures are a must lol!

oh the flowers are adorable too.

Completed

so cute and sweet.

My newest creation..I finished the ears tonight...
Will post completed picture tomorrow.

he's adorable.

I love making diaper cakes but haven't ventured away from the traditional ones yet.

here is my latest project. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1430440506.216129.jpg

The next one I have, I want to do either an airplane or a train... I have friends that are asking me to sell these now.. And honestly I just do this for fun!

And this was the most difficult yet..

3 receiving blankets, 18 diapers, a tether, 2 binkies, 8 hair clips, 7 wash rags, a thermometer, and 6 spoons.

Attachments

• IMG_20150613_002606.jpg
    IMG_20150613_002606.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 210
Last edited: