Diams Wallet- opinions please

sngsk

O.G.
Jun 20, 2008
I am thinking of getting the Diams wallet in Mineral (http://www.bottegaveneta.com/shopon...roductId=b69fafee-d216-465f-9001-329dada273a3). It is available in very limited quantities but my lovely SA has managed to locate one for me. It is so pretty but I am not sure if the light colour is going to be too high maintenance.

I've been using my Turbolence flap wallet everyday for awhile now and am looking for a change but am not sure if Mineral is suitable for everyday use.

Please let me know what you think. TIA!

blueiris

O.G.
May 11, 2008
It's very pretty! I probably wouldn't use it as an everyday wallet just because it looks so dressy. I probably wouldn't use a light colored wallet daily, either, but it's the dressiness of it that makes it seem like a special occasion item. That's just me, though.

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
I love it, but would be concerned about my ability to keep it clean. I am not particularly hard on wallets, but tend to use them for extended periods of time. I think the oils in my hands would start to discolor it, not to mention any black bags I might have.

sngsk

O.G.
Jun 20, 2008
Thank you all so much for your opinions.

It is on sale actually, down from $720 to $499. I was really looking for an everyday wallet to give my turbolence one a rest but this is so hard to resist.

Will have to head down to the boutique to handle it irl before deciding.

nizlay

O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
I have it in black (got it on sale here in Bahrain, Mineral one was on 50% sale too). My only worry would be the light colour. Other than that I feel that it is as sturdy as the regular zip-around wallet. If you are worried about the colour, why not get the black one? I personally would not buy such a light-coloured wallet. Good luck with your decision

sngsk

O.G.
Jun 20, 2008
Ooooh! Had no idea it came in black as well. Apparently they never brought in the Diams wallet at my local boutique and it's only available in Mineral in the US.

Thanks for the heads up nizlay! I've PMed you ;)