Diamonds or Bags?

Mariah said:
bags! diamond studs would be nice but i would feel a bit ridiculous wearing much more.

I agree! Don't get me wrong, I love jewelry, but I'm a student so unless I'm dressing up, I don't feel the need to wear something so valuable to school. I won't carry good bags to school...I'm too afraid they'll get messed up somehow let alone some beautiful piece(s) of jewelry.

Diamonda all the way until you get to the point where you have 1 of everything then go for multiple bags. I mean once you have a diamond wedding ring, and anniversary ring a great pair of diamond studs, a pendant, pearl necklace, a dress watch, how much more do you need?

Wow, that's a tough decision. Diamonds or bags. I would have to say if your in a bag slump, get some diamonds. There's some cute right-hand rings out now that can brighten a cloudy day!

I like the trend I saw at the Golden Globes where the girls were wearing three or four solitaire necklaces.

my strategy was to save for the perfect watch.. and spend less on bags
Thank God i recently received my DREAM watch as a graduation gift:love:

so now i am focusing on bags!! as rest of jewelry stuff dont mean a lot to me!! sometimes i'd borrow jewelry from mother.. but i really dont care.. i can live with accessories..:biggrin:

Bjara said:
You sound like me. I LOOOVVVE diamonds, they are even my birthstone. :love: I have upgraded my weddding set (not even the original ring anymore) 5 times since I was married 15 years ago. My diamond studs have been upgraded 4 times. I am very pleased with the size that both pieces of jewelry are now....plus DH said absolutely no more upgrading...LOL. I'm thinking maybe at 20 years. :lol:

Handbags are my second love as far as material items go.

Ooooohhhhhh WOW!! Would you mind sharing some pictures of your diamonds?

You're so lucky!

Sorry to disagree, but there is an even more horrific industry behind diamonds than there is behind counterfeit bags. I don't think you can dis the fake industry and support the diamond one with 3x as much money.

kids locked up in factories? at least they're making money to feed their families. diamond miners rountinely contract HIV in their camps.
know where a lot of diamonds come from? the ********ic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Sierra Leone and the surrounding areas. Entire villages are rampaged, people are mutilated, almost all of the decades of civil conflict that has raged in these countries, killing millions (MILLIONS) of people is the direct result of the artificially-inflated diamond market. These wars are fought by children, they recruit 10-year-olds and give them big guns (purchased from middle eastern terror groups for the diamonds), make them their sex slaves, make them kill, have them killed.
The whole civilized world has been absolutely brainwashed by De Beers marketing. A little googling on the topic of the illicit diamond trade should give you a lot to think about.

bethany said:
Sorry to disagree, but there is an even more horrific industry behind diamonds than there is behind counterfeit bags. I don't think you can dis the fake industry and support the diamond one with 3x as much money.

kids locked up in factories? at least they're making money to feed their families. diamond miners rountinely contract HIV in their camps.
know where a lot of diamonds come from? the ********ic Republic of the Congo, Angola, Sierra Leone and the surrounding areas. Entire villages are rampaged, people are mutilated, almost all of the decades of civil conflict that has raged in these countries, killing millions (MILLIONS) of people is the direct result of the artificially-inflated diamond market. These wars are fought by children, they recruit 10-year-olds and give them big guns (purchased from middle eastern terror groups for the diamonds), make them their sex slaves, make them kill, have them killed.
The whole civilized world has been absolutely brainwashed by De Beers marketing. A little googling on the topic of the illicit diamond trade should give you a lot to think about.

Thank you for bringing this up Bethany! The diamond industry is horrible. Last year I had A professor from Sierra Leone and he told us some horrific stories. The part that really upset me was, he told us people lose limbs working for diamonds(this dosn't happen by accident). Def very sad :cry:

scarlett_2005 said:
Thank you for bringing this up Bethany! The diamond industry is horrible. Last year I had A professor from Sierra Leone and he told us some horrific stories. The part that really upset me was, he told us people lose limbs working for diamonds(this dosn't happen by accident). Def very sad :cry:

you and bethany have quite a good point, and not one that i had thought of recently (since i'm not and have not been in the market for diamonds), but based on everything that i've read, unless you do a lot of research into where and how a company gets its diamonds, there's probably human cruelty and bloodshed behind it. so careful, folks :-/

bethany said:

Great Point Bethany!