Diamonds in the shower...?

vickitoria

Jul 8, 2006
Hello all!
I just got a beautiful gold, diamond cross necklace for my birthday. I love it and I'd like to wear it everyday but it is so difficult to put on each morning after a shower! I've started to just wear it in the shower, but I don't know if that's bad... :confused1:

What do you all think? Do you all wear your jewelry in the shower? :shrugs:

Congrats on your cross! I wear some diamond studs all the time in the shower everywhere.
Some people wear their rings all the time. I have never heard of diamonds being affected by water. I am sure lots of people will be able to tell you more!

I do sometimes leave my earrings in, but I get paranoid that one might fall out and go down the drain. eek!

I'm by no means a jewelry expert, so I don't know if the water has any effect on the jewelry itself. But my earrings seem to be okay!

I used to leave my diamond jewelry on in the shower, but the soap build-up dulled them. So now I remove all my stuff and just put them on again. Plus, I got some jewlery cleaner and I make sure to use it often.

It's not good if you have well water, because you'll get a buildup on it, and it's a real problem for channel set stones. I don't sleep in jewelry, or shower in it, I figure the less abuse they get the longer they'll last.

sure....i used to wear my diaond studs and didn't take them off for almost a year!! they were fine, just needed some cleaning to get rid of some shower buildup :smile:

congrats on ur cross, any pic???

Happy birthday and congrats on your new cross!

I work at a jeweller, and we generally say that it's ok to wear diamonds in the shower- they aren't damaged or dulled by water, however, any product that gets on the stones will build up (and that's when the sparkle disappears). It's fine as long as you clean your necklace regularly to remove skin oils and product buildup, cause that way it'll let the light in and sparkle nicely! You can clean it yourself with a jewellery dip, or have a professional clean done by a jeweller.:smile: