Diamonds Fell out of my Tiffany Eternity Band

Apr 21, 2009
Hi Ladies,

I just looked down at my ring tonight and noticed that 3 diamonds fell out of my Tiffany & Co 2.2mm shared prong full eternity ring (each stone is approx .03 carats) and the ring is completely bent out of shape. This is very bizarre, as I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary (I don't recall banging it or doing anything that would cause this to happen). I'm just curious if anyone knows if this is due to the thinness of the band (I am wondering if I should've gone with a 3mm band instead). I'm debating whether I should ask for a full refund (I've had the ring for under 1 year) or if I should ask for the value of the ring be credited towards a new thicker band.

Any insight on whether the thickness of the band had to do with it is much appreciated.

Thanks, in advance

NY Village Girl

I know some ladies have mentioned they have had stones fall out of their eternity bands, so just curious what these ladies experiences were (what was the thickness of their band), and do you think having a thicker band would make it sturdier and help prevent stones from falling out.

I own the same 2.2mm 0.03c per stone Tiffany ring in platinum but mine is the 9 stone version. I have had mine for years and I had to have the prongs tightened about 5 years after I got it. It was during a routine cleaning at Tiffany and they informed me that a few of the prongs were loose. The stones were fine.

Sorry that this happened to your ring. I would take it back and see what Tiffany can do. I would suggest going for the same or the thicker version but in semi circle. Eternity shared prong rings are not that robust. Can you post a pic of your ring?

I don't honestly think the width has anything to do with it. The ring itself has enough metal for sturdiness. It could've been a bad cast, and just the right whack could've done it. There could've been loose prongs and a snag. It could be anything. I would send it in and see what they think. I would like to say this is unusual for this ring regardless of the brand but I don't know your wear patterns. You can have them return it/exchange it if that makes you feel better than them repairing it. But go see them immediately and get it handled.

Also: stones get loose in shared bands regardless of the manufacturer. If you use your left hand a lot to drive, you can actually vibrate the stones loose over time or even bend the metal just enough to create a window of wiggle. This is not isolated to Tffany. It's also not isolated to just shared prong bands.

sorry to hear that :sad: I have a 2mm cartier eternity and no problems, but it is not shared prong. I hope tiffanys make it right for you!. If you get refunded in full I highly recommend taking a look at cartier ;) It was more comfortable than the tiffany too IMO

Hi Ladies,
Sorry for neglecting this thread for a few days. I hope to make it up to you with pics. I have pics of the damaged ring as well as a pic of the new ring I plan on getting once I sort out the Tiffany Repair and insurance claim, etc.

btw, How do I post photos again? I haven't done this in a long time. Thnx,

Ame: Thanks for the info. I always love your insight and jewelry expertise.
Kissmark: Yes, I trust they will do the right thing, and at least credit me the value for another purchase
BalenciagaPlane: Thanks for the suggestion, your cartier ring sounds gorgeous. I think I am going to just go for the 3mm band from Tiffany. I tried it on, and I do really like the way it looks with my solitaire.

Hi Ladies,
I just wanted to give an update. I went in to finalize things today. Tiffany gave me a full refund for the damaged ring (even though there were 3 stones missing and it was completely bent out of shape). I ended up purchasing the 3mm shared prong band, and I love the way it looks with my engagement ring! I haven't posted pics in a while, so I hope these post correctly.

This is the damaged ring 2.2mm band (diamond missing from one side, 2 diamonds missing from other)
https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...361504910632&sads=gi2MfZY7dlKhjWSEr17QxYgmjHs

This is the new 3mm band along with my engagement ring
https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...361504725320&sads=ZT26TeutJruU4Hzij4W8fLPLa9o

glad you got a replacement on your damaged ring....hope this will be a perfect one. can't see your pics though

Thanks! Yes, I am loving the new ring.

Shoot, you still can't see pics? I edited and thought maybe I fixed the link. Might need help to post pics correctly, if they still aren't showing. I clicked on "insert link" and then pasted the URL of the attachments. Anyone know of a better way?

Thanks! Yes, I am loving the new ring.

Shoot, you still can't see pics? I edited and thought maybe I fixed the link. Might need help to post pics correctly, if they still aren't showing. I clicked on "insert link" and then pasted the URL of the attachments. Anyone know of a better way?

Try uploading the photos on photobucket and pasting the link from there. Or you can directly attach the photo from purse forum. :smile: