Diamond..

I must be the only crazy one here! I don't really care about diamonds. If my DH didn't get me an engagement ring I wouldn't really have cared. We picked it out together and I picked one so small you would never notice it. I love wedding bands and a simple eternity band would have been fine with me but again I didn't go with the diamond band and picked a simple platinum to match the engagement ring.

serendipity3kb said:
I must be the only crazy one here! I don't really care about diamonds. If my DH didn't get me an engagement ring I wouldn't really have cared. We picked it out together and I picked one so small you would never notice it. I love wedding bands and a simple eternity band would have been fine with me but again I didn't go with the diamond band and picked a simple platinum to match the engagement ring.

I'm actually not too big on diamonds either. That might be because I've lost every piece of jewelry I've ever had (including the 2 lockets my grandparents gave me!). Diamonds are pretty, but I'm rarely impressed by them. LOL, I think it's the biologist in me. I'm just like "Eh, it's just a piece of carbon."

The again, I did have a friend in college that used to throw her diamonds away when she thought they lost their sparkle (which was like every three years in her mind). She was crazy. I was like, "Uhm, I'll take them!"

Most of the stones in my wedding set are quite old, some over 100 years, and "miner cut" (cut by hand). The stones are the traditional round diamond shape, but the facets are fewer and bigger. I like mine because they are heirlooms handed down in my husband's family, and are unique.

I like Round cut diamonds, and 2.5-3 carats is perfect, I have tiny little hands. I know a small woman with a 5 carat ring and it looks like it's a hassle just to keep her hand up!

I really love the rings from the Tiffany Legacy collection, I think that's the name, sort of estate looking. My DH proposed by saying, in my heart we are married, so he gave me a Tiffany pave diamond band so that my engagement ring, then at the ceremony he gave me another identical band.

Megs said:
I love Hearts on Fire Diamonds. They shine like no other. I would be happy with a karat... 10 is amazingly huge. My hand might fall over. I may be tall but I have petite features- 4.5 ring finger (and I'm 5'10!!)

ditto...i love hearts on fire diamonds :love: :love: :love: i have them for my engament and wedding rings.... so perfectly cut and sparkly

infamiss said:
i have a 1.5 carrat emerald cut diamond engagement ring from tiffanys. (he could have gotten a much bigger stone if he didn't get it from tiffanys).
i am no longer talking to the guy, so it just sits in the little blue box. i don't know what to do with it, since the guy does not want it back because he wants me to keep it.

should i make it a necklace? it is much too pretty to stay in the box.

Personally, I would sell it if I was in that situation. Think of all the stuff you could get that you would actually use! I guess this depends on the situation b/t you and the guy tho...

I am interested in seeing pics too :smile:. I will only have mine in a few weeks as it is being made (ordered yesterday )and it is "the season" for the jeweller...but when I get it I will post up!

BagLovingMom said:
My DH proposed by saying, in my heart we are married, so he gave me a Tiffany pave diamond band so that my engagement ring, then at the ceremony he gave me another identical band.

awww. that is the sweetest thing i've ever heard. i've quit wearing my solitare engagement ring because it scratches me too much. i'll have to look at these bands for an upgrade. they sound so pretty! :smile:

TravelBug said:
The engagement Aiden gave Carrie on Sex & the City was an Asscher.

i just about fell over when aiden switched the ring on her! :smile: i kept poking hubby and was like, look! see! that's my ring! that's what i want! :smile: he just rolled his eyes.

harry's to charlotte was pretty fabulous too, but i think it would be too hard to match a band with.

ilzabet said:
awww. that is the sweetest thing i've ever heard. i've quit wearing my solitare engagement ring because it scratches me too much. i'll have to look at these bands for an upgrade. they sound so pretty! :smile: :P

i just about fell over when aiden switched the ring on her! :smile: i kept poking hubby and was like, look! see! that's my ring! that's what i want! :smile: he just rolled his eyes.

harry's to charlotte was pretty fabulous too, but i think it would be too hard to match a band with.

Yes! The episode with Aidan and the ring is my one of my favorites, that ring was so gorgeous, and it was so sweet with the dog and all. And I loved Harry too, so romantic with Charlotte