Diamond..

^^ I've got a piece of costume bling that's about that size. I love it - I think it once sunk the Titanic. :lol:

I like sqaure diamonds - princess is pretty, but emerald's probably my favourite. I've got another costume piece that's about the size of a 4-5 carat stone, and I don't think I'd go any bigger - I have tiny little hands. Between 1 and 6 carats is good.

Oooh, and I like pear-shaped diamonds (thanks to Newlyweds), but also because of that show I think that style is cursed. :shame: I know, I'm an idiot.

I fell in love with the Asscher instantly. Thankfully, the fiance agreed so I have been a proud owner of a 1.25 carat E, VVS1 Asscher for 4 years now. I love it. I joke with my DH all the time that given more time I'd like to upgrade to a 2 carat. Is it bad that I want a bigger diamond? The engagement ring means so much to me, I feel bad wanting to replace the original with a bigger diamond. ;)

Royal asscher cut 2 carat solitaire earrings. If just someone could pass them my way. And I also like a baguette cut in the right place. And emerald. And princess. And round. Heck, any cut will do.

I like rounds diamonds, but the princess cut is growing on me...the engagement ring I had was 0.57 round diamond, gorgeous but now that I think of it, I'd take anything Jeff gives me...though I'd still go for a Tiffany's ring or a Cartier ring anyday (at least 1.5 carat +, ideal diamond, flawless and colorless please)

Round brilliant cut 3 carats and up with 1 carat on either side. I really like the 3 stone rings. Judging from these posts, most ladies prefer anywhere b/t 2.5 - 8 (teehee, Noriko!) As gals, we all know that with diamonds, the bigger the bettter! So this is really funny b/c I was talking to one of my guy friends about diamonds the other day and he was like, "Oh, 1 carat seems pretty big to me already". Sigh... I pity his future wife.

My engagement ring is a 3 ct radiant cut ring with pave diamonds around the thin band. Wedding ring is an eternity band w/ pave diamonds to match. My hubby had it custom made w/o me even giving any hints or looking. I never thought he could pull that out of his a$$ but he did. I'm very proud and impressed.

I love Hearts on Fire Diamonds. They shine like no other. I would be happy with a karat... 10 is amazingly huge. My hand might fall over. I may be tall but I have petite features- 4.5 ring finger (and I'm 5'10!!)

I have a 2 carat round in platinum for my engagement ring and 1 carat total for my wedding band - two rows of pave' with 5 princess cuts between the rows. (I know that sound weird but I get so many compliments on the combo!!) I like the round because it is sparkly!! :nuts:
If I had it to do all over I'd probably go with the emerald solitaire and a baguette band- in platinum of course!!

i have a 1.5 carrat emerald cut diamond engagement ring from tiffanys. (he could have gotten a much bigger stone if he didn't get it from tiffanys).
i am no longer talking to the guy, so it just sits in the little blue box. i don't know what to do with it, since the guy does not want it back because he wants me to keep it.

should i make it a necklace? it is much too pretty to stay in the box.