Diamond Studs

To determine what size of diamonds look good on you, it would depend on how big or small your ears are. Why don't you just go get a few cubic zirconia from walmart or target and try them on at home for a few days? Then you can decide what size looks good on you.

And you can personally message Ame if you just want her opinion. There's no reason to start a new thread if you're just looking for her opinion. :smile:

HTH!

my subject line solicits opinions from others, not just ame.

Yes, I realize that. But you still started your thread with "Hi Ame" instead of "Hi everyone". Making it seem like you're still seeking for an answer ONLY from Ame. I'm gonna leave it as that. Good luck and I hope my opinion still helped.

If you honestly thought that I was just asking for Ame's response, then not sure why you even bothered responding.

If you honestly thought that I was just asking for Ame's response, then not sure why you even bothered responding.

LOL. Ok. Ignore it then. If you were that peeved by me suggesting you PM Ame instead of just taking what I said with a grain of salt, then that's your prerogative. Just wanted to give my 2 cents.

Sorry, let me go delete my original posts.

Not sure what exactly was going on at the beginning of this thread....but here is my response and I hope it helps. [emoji4]

First, what's your budget?

Second, would you prefer to buy the studs from a place like Tiffanys or is blue Nile or your local jewelry store ok?

These are two important questions because they will dictate how big you will be able to go. For me personally, I don't mind if something like diamonds are from a luxury designer. I know other ladies have dreamed about diamonds from Tiffanys since they were young and that is their preference, which is perfectly great.

I got mine from the diamond district in New York and was able to get a great deal on 2ct pair of studs (1 ct each ear) I really wanted 2 ct because I thought they were just the perfect size...not too big and certainly not small. I just love them [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Are you planning on eating them for every day? Good luck finding the perfect ones for you!

Oinkitsthao gave great advice about trying on some CZs to find a size range that appeals to you for everyday. I personally think half carat per ear is a great size range. I tend to prefer smaller for myself, but 1ctw (1/2 per ear) is a good way to balance budget, cut quality and specs and still have a nice presentation. Obviously you need to see if that size would be big enough to make you happy.

Once you are sure about that, we can see what works for you in budget.--I will need to know your budget...-- I tend to prefer sites where you see the actual stones in photos and are not buying blind. Sites that allow that are sites like Brian Gavin Diamonds, Whiteflash, James Allen, Good Old Gold, High Performance Diamonds. We can search from their selections to find great stones.

Color/Clarity will be personal preference. I think for studs you can do I/J color just fine, they'll still be quite white, and clarity I tend to prefer VS because that's my personal threshold, but you can get an SI in many cases and be eyeclean, but that's also personal threshold. Do not settle for anything less than the best cut quality. It hides a multitude of sins and is the sole reason a stone sparkles.

In the Reference sticky at the top of this subforum, you'll find a post with my "cheat sheet" for round brilliants. If you want to start searching for stones, that will help you narrow things down a bit.

First...decide what size you want and your budget. As AME posted the cut will be the deciding factor. Unlike an e-ring you can cheat a bit with color/clarity with earrings.
I'm with LovEmAll...for me the perfect size for studs is 2 tcw, if you can afford it. A 3 prong martini setting would be perfect for this size, too.
Considering "diamond shrinkage syndrome" might creep in, get the biggest and best diamonds you can afford. I went through 3 upgrades before I found the size and stones I wanted so I know what I'm talking about. LOL!

Hey All,

I searched for any recent threads regarding diamond stud earrings, but couldnt find anything that up to date, so I hope you dont mind this post!

I am interested in getting at least 1 ctw stud earrings. Probably going to go with a 4 prong instead of a martini.

Ame, would your cheat for engagement ring stones apply to these as well?

Anyone else, is there a recommendation to stay at a certain color, for example, no lower then H/I? or any other stats?

I would be working with a jewelry that I trust, but is somewhat far away so I would not be able to see the stones. Any help would be great!

Thank you!

I don't think you have to go as high on color and clarity with diamond earrings as you would for an engagement ring.
I would stick with H/I and anything above SI and "very good" cut or higher.
Some vendors I would recommend (if choosing the stones) -
Brian Gavin
Whiteflash
James Allen
If you want pre set studs, I would look into DiamondWave and Since1910.
My pre set pair is from James Allen (rounds, .25 tcw) and I would recommend them as well.

ETA - I've heard good things about I.D. Jewelry (they're out of New York) as well.

That's great to hear! I have been curious about the JA studs. Do you happen to have pics? I am unsure about the size myself.. I was thinking maybe I should buy CZ earrings to test out different sizes. OP, sorry for hacking the thread!

Hey All,

I searched for any recent threads regarding diamond stud earrings, but couldnt find anything that up to date, so I hope you dont mind this post!

I am interested in getting at least 1 ctw stud earrings. Probably going to go with a 4 prong instead of a martini.

Ame, would your cheat for engagement ring stones apply to these as well?

Anyone else, is there a recommendation to stay at a certain color, for example, no lower then H/I? or any other stats?

I would be working with a jewelry that I trust, but is somewhat far away so I would not be able to see the stones. Any help would be great!

Thank you!
The cheat sheet works for rounds, and yes would work great for studs.

For studs, I'd probably suggest I or J color, myself, but if you're more comfortable with H or I that works too. They're on your head, and they're going to still look bright if they're cut properly. Clarity is up to you, I still like VS, but others are ok with SI. Again, on your head. Not on your hand.

If you're still buying sight unseen, consider going online. At least that way you get the images of the actual stones. James Allen and Brian Gavin were both mentioned. They do offer preset studs but you won't get the upgrade policy on those, nor will you get the data on the stones like you would if you select them yourself.

Hello diamond lovers,

I am about to buy a pair of diamond studs but would want your input as to whether I am making a good purchase.
One diamond is color H cut SI, the other is color I cut VS2, they are 6,250 us from 12,500 usd. Both are 0.91 carats. Am I purchasing a good pair regarding color and cut?

Should I take the plunge or keep on hunting?

TIA