Diamond studs in France - Baunat ?

1. Megs and I welcomed our baby boy earlier this month and wanted to share the news with the TPF community. Come say hello to Baby Vaughn!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello!

I'm from France and I would like to buy a pair of diamond studs for my 30th birthday. I still have time for that but I would like to ask you where would you recommend to buy it from.

Is it more "affordable" to buy it in the US or in Europe ?

I heard Baunat have good prices for diamonds but on their website the cut of the diamonds is VG and I would like Excellent cut. I would also like to know if you recommend them.

TIA!

2. Anyone ?

3. I'm not personally familiar with diamond prices in France specifically, but I know it is often much cheaper to buy diamonds in the US than in the UK and Europe.

Liberté likes this.
  4. I have the same impression. Maybe because diamonds seem to be less popular in Europe overall.

5. Thank you for your response.

I knew that a few years ago when 1 euro was almost equal to 1 usd, it was great to buy stuff in the US. Also there is tax in the US : I saw on some website like BlueNile that diamonds are more affordable but there is tax and shipping to add I believe, even if one lives in the US ?

6. Diamonds are popular here but for people I know it is not a priority and people don't want to be too flashy. And for normal working people the difference between a good salary and a low salary is smaller here than in the US so it's not easy to buy something as expensive as diamonds!

But I don't know anyone who would refuse diamonds if it was gifted to them ! ;)