Diamond stitch tote- trendy or timeless?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

My question has two parts...

1. Do you all think the black diamond stitch tote, aka Audrina tote, will look dated in the future? I like it but it's seasonal and has been around for a few years already so I have some hesitation to purchase.

2. Instead of the diamond stitch tote, should I get a black jumbo w/gold hardware? I know normally it would be an easy decision because I, like most forum members, prefer flaps. However, I already have a black caviar M/L flap w/silver hardware and I'm planning to buy a black reissue 226 w/gold hardware so I'll already have two black flaps. I don't know if I want to spend twice as much money just to get another black flap (I've seen DST's go for around 1800 on ebay compared with 3400 for a jumbo).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

To me it's a nice bag but more trendy than classic and somehow the oversized cc logo is a bit too in your face IMO. But if you already have (or are going to have) 2 flaps then perhaps it's nice to diversify your collection with something different that you'll love and use just as much. Either that or go for a coloured jumbo! Happy deciding!

Get the diamond stitch tote. Change it up... or you'll have too many flaps in black. :P I think the style of the bag is pretty timeless. It's not a trendy styled purse so I can see it being worn for a long time.

thegraceful1, loveactually1, yikkie, and kai lien- thanks for your opinions!

mamzelle- I want a mid-size black bag for work and I'm not a fan of the GST or Medallion totes. I also already have a white jumbo.