Diamond Soltaire Necklace for $500US or less

emchhardy

O.G.
Feb 12, 2013
Can anyone recommend a diamond solitaire necklace for under $500US? I realize that is a limited budget but I'm looking for simply a "starter" necklace. I want quality over quantity - meaning diamond size is not as important as overall diamond quality. I want something preferably in white gold. Blue Nile has a standard one in the .25 carat at that price point but is it a decent enough diamond (the choose your own option is more expensive and over my price point)? I also considered a Tiffany DBTY but that is in silver at that price point and a very small diamond (.05) so I'm not sure. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Maybe save some more money and wait for a coupon and go the blue Nile create your own route. For something like this I think it's better to wait until you can get something that you really want instead of settling for something not as good. In 2009 I made my dbty style necklace through blue Nile, I got a 0.2 something set in white gold for around 600-650. I know prices are more now but a coupon could help. At the time I had a discount code that I was able to use for the setting.

Can anyone recommend a diamond solitaire necklace for under $500US? I realize that is a limited budget but I'm looking for simply a "starter" necklace. I want quality over quantity - meaning diamond size is not as important as overall diamond quality. I want something preferably in white gold. Blue Nile has a standard one in the .25 carat at that price point but is it a decent enough diamond (the choose your own option is more expensive and over my price point)? I also considered a Tiffany DBTY but that is in silver at that price point and a very small diamond (.05) so I'm not sure. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
I just took a look at the Blue Nile .25 diamond you are talking about, it says the minimum clarity is an I1. I personally would never consider a diamond in the I-range as a decent diamond.. but it says that is the minimum. If there was a way that you could talk to customer service to see if you can make sure it's at least an SI, I would say that could be a decent starter diamond pendant if you are sure you will not want to go over $500.

If my budget was $500, I would personally use the $400 to buy the diamond and the $100 to have someone set it into a sterling silver.

I didn't know bluenile sells I clarity diamonds. I thought lowest is SI. Are those the preset diamonds? I just did a search for .23 and up in ideal cut d-g in color. Starts a little over $300. For that size u can prob get away with G.

I bought a .70 round G SI in a bezel setting a few yrs ago. The size is compareable to my 1ct princess stone. And color barely noticeable from the D princess stone. Hth.

I think tiffany has the daintiest dbty setting. Bluenile is a bit bulkier/thicker.

I didn't know bluenile sells I clarity diamonds. I thought lowest is SI. Are those the preset diamonds? I just did a search for .23 and up in ideal cut d-g in color. Starts a little over $300. For that size u can prob get away with G.

I bought a .70 round G SI in a bezel setting a few yrs ago. The size is compareable to my 1ct princess stone. And color barely noticeable from the D princess stone. Hth.

I think tiffany has the daintiest dbty setting. Bluenile is a bit bulkier/thicker.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it. It was their pre-set diamond.

Blue Nile

Just some I found:

LD04149952 Good .29 F VS2 $450 ish I think can't remember

LD03689655 Very good .31 J VVS1 $490

LD04559248 Ideal .23 D VVS2 $500

I agree with other poster who said: Get a diamond that is great, then find a sliver setting or a cheaper setting. Well worth it to wait and get a better stone.