Diamond Soltaire Necklace for $500US or less

emchhardy

Feb 12, 2013
Can anyone recommend a diamond solitaire necklace for under $500US? I realize that is a limited budget but I'm looking for simply a "starter" necklace. I want quality over quantity - meaning diamond size is not as important as overall diamond quality. I want something preferably in white gold. Blue Nile has a standard one in the .25 carat at that price point but is it a decent enough diamond (the choose your own option is more expensive and over my price point)? I also considered a Tiffany DBTY but that is in silver at that price point and a very small diamond (.05) so I'm not sure. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

kellymcd

Mar 6, 2010
Maybe save some more money and wait for a coupon and go the blue Nile create your own route. For something like this I think it's better to wait until you can get something that you really want instead of settling for something not as good. In 2009 I made my dbty style necklace through blue Nile, I got a 0.2 something set in white gold for around 600-650. I know prices are more now but a coupon could help. At the time I had a discount code that I was able to use for the setting.

brae

Aug 2, 2013
Can anyone recommend a diamond solitaire necklace for under $500US? I realize that is a limited budget but I'm looking for simply a "starter" necklace. I want quality over quantity - meaning diamond size is not as important as overall diamond quality. I want something preferably in white gold. Blue Nile has a standard one in the .25 carat at that price point but is it a decent enough diamond (the choose your own option is more expensive and over my price point)? I also considered a Tiffany DBTY but that is in silver at that price point and a very small diamond (.05) so I'm not sure. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
I just took a look at the Blue Nile .25 diamond you are talking about, it says the minimum clarity is an I1. I personally would never consider a diamond in the I-range as a decent diamond.. but it says that is the minimum. If there was a way that you could talk to customer service to see if you can make sure it's at least an SI, I would say that could be a decent starter diamond pendant if you are sure you will not want to go over $500.

If my budget was $500, I would personally use the $400 to buy the diamond and the $100 to have someone set it into a sterling silver.

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I didn't know bluenile sells I clarity diamonds. I thought lowest is SI. Are those the preset diamonds? I just did a search for .23 and up in ideal cut d-g in color. Starts a little over $300. For that size u can prob get away with G.

I bought a .70 round G SI in a bezel setting a few yrs ago. The size is compareable to my 1ct princess stone. And color barely noticeable from the D princess stone. Hth.

I think tiffany has the daintiest dbty setting. Bluenile is a bit bulkier/thicker.

brae

Aug 2, 2013
I didn't know bluenile sells I clarity diamonds. I thought lowest is SI. Are those the preset diamonds? I just did a search for .23 and up in ideal cut d-g in color. Starts a little over $300. For that size u can prob get away with G.

I bought a .70 round G SI in a bezel setting a few yrs ago. The size is compareable to my 1ct princess stone. And color barely noticeable from the D princess stone. Hth.

I think tiffany has the daintiest dbty setting. Bluenile is a bit bulkier/thicker.
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw it. It was their pre-set diamond.

saligator

O.G.
Nov 21, 2006
Blue Nile

Just some I found:

LD04149952 Good .29 F VS2 $450 ish I think can't remember

LD03689655 Very good .31 J VVS1 $490

LD04559248 Ideal .23 D VVS2 $500

I agree with other poster who said: Get a diamond that is great, then find a sliver setting or a cheaper setting. Well worth it to wait and get a better stone.