diamond ring (not engagement)

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Anyone ever have or wear a diamond ring that is not an engagement ring? When I was a very young girl, my grandmom had a diamond (probably a chip!) that she made into a pinky ring for me. But what do you think of wearing a diamond when you're not engaged? Is it a confusing message and do teenagers (Sweet 16?) and college girls ever wear diamonds on their fingers? Just curious......

May 29, 2010
Personally, I always wore diamonds on my fingers. I usually wore them on my middle finger, however.

I think if most girls had diamonds, then they would wear them. I found, however, that many girls bought silver Tiffany and Company rings instead of diamond pieces.

mp4

Weimanuts!
O.G.
Oct 20, 2007
I wore rings with diamonds (none engagement ring big) before I was engaged....but never on the left index finger...

aarti

T&co state of mind..
Nov 11, 2005
west coast envy
I have a .15 ring from my grandfather I still wear. It is the only piece I have left that he has given me after everything was taken from me. I do sometimes wear rings on my left ring finger, but only big rings, I have an intricate statement ruby ring I'll wear on that finger, but def no diamonds on that finger. and I agree with antique shopper that I think if more people had diamonds they would be wearing them.

skyqueen

O.G.
Aug 5, 2007
I have my Mother's diamond rings...I wear them periodically. I miss her so much, they almost make me sad.
When I wear them it's always on my right hand.

Oct 6, 2007
Shopping for Sparkle
I don't think of diamonds as being for married women only. I've always enjoyed diamonds!
same here...not married but I wear diamonds, not just for married women:P;) i have a diamond flower ring, an estate rose cut diamond and sapphire ring, as well as diamond stacking bands and various others...I just love sparkly things lol

gipursegal

Nov 22, 2010
If I had one, i definitely would! I have a girlfriend who has some of her grandmother rings and she wears them all the time. It adds such charm to each outfit.