Diamond pendant

Izzybet

O.G.
Dec 15, 2013
I would like to purchase a diamond pendant as a memorial to my Mum who recently passed away.
I would wear this everyday, I like to use my jewellery rather keep it for special occasions.
I am thinking of a 1ct stone (or bigger) and have a budget of GBP 4;500.
What size pendants do you have?
I have a white gold 3 stone, each 0.10ct DBTY style necklace at the moment.

What kind of pendant do you like, solitaire (single stone), center diamond with a halo, or other style? What diamond shape are you looking for, round, princess, pear, or other?
I guess for everyday wear, a simple solitaire diamond pendant is best. Unfortunately, I do not have one. I have halo pendant and Circle of Life pendant, but never got around to getting an everyday, solitaire pendant. Both of my diamond pendants are too dressy for everyday wear.
Since I have been thinking about getting a solitaire diamond pendant myself someday, I have done some research and thinking. First, let us talk about the setting. I would like the diamond be free to slide on the chain. Due to the relatively light weight of the solitaire diamond, the diamond will have a tendency to run up my neck to the side or even the back. Having to constantly adjust the diamond position will drive me crazy. Therefore, I would avoid any light pendant that is attached to the chain.
Second, let us discuss the diamond and budget. I would put most of the money on the diamond, so I can get, for my budget, the largest possible, best cut diamond that is I color minimum (not too much tint) and eye-clean VS2 to Si1 clarity. The pendant setting costs around $500-$600. GBP 4500 is about $6300 budget. That leaves about $5700 for the diamond. Whiteflash has an ACA (top cut) diamond that i like best and that fits your budget. The diamond is 0.933 ct, graded by AGS, H color, eye clean SI 1 clarity for $5,717. The dimensions are 6.25x6.27x3.88mm.
For diamond advice and guidance, I suggest you go to Pricescope (diamond forum) for help.

Reactions: k*d
In addition to what Christiflora has suggested, why not pop into several jewelry stores & see what appeals
to you & go from there with contacting some outside sources for diamonds
Sorry about your Mum passing away

I have been looking into my pendant a little more and as I live on a small island 7 Miles by 5 and there are only really 2 or 3 jewellers that could provide the pendant I am looking for.
I contacted one and he was looking at in excess of GBP8,000 for a 1ct solitaire white gold pendant. The other I have contacted so far can supply the following:

1.01 ct G colour, with SI2 clarity, very good cut, Excellent polish, Excellent symmetry and no fluorescence for GBP4,000 and then a few hundred extra for a mount and chain. The stone has a GIA certificate.

I gave him the diamond parameters for table depth etc but he said that the parameters do not mean much without the cut, polish symmetry etc.
I am now confused?? Do I take a look at the stone he has found or keep looking elsewhere ?
Thanks all [emoji16]

I went and took a look at the Pricescope forum and they have so much information.
I contacted all the large well know online stores to see if they would ship to me and 2 of them would. In the end I went with Whiteflash and purchased a 1.057 ct I VS2 A CUT ABOVE Hearts and Arrows Diamond in a platinum solitaire setting.
It took just over 2 weeks to be made and shipped and I couldn’t be more pleased with it.

I have been looking into my pendant a little more and as I live on a small island 7 Miles by 5 and there are only really 2 or 3 jewellers that could provide the pendant I am looking for.
I contacted one and he was looking at in excess of GBP8,000 for a 1ct solitaire white gold pendant. The other I have contacted so far can supply the following:

1.01 ct G colour, with SI2 clarity, very good cut, Excellent polish, Excellent symmetry and no fluorescence for GBP4,000 and then a few hundred extra for a mount and chain. The stone has a GIA certificate.

I gave him the diamond parameters for table depth etc but he said that the parameters do not mean much without the cut, polish symmetry etc.
I am now confused?? Do I take a look at the stone he has found or keep looking elsewhere ?
Thanks all [emoji16]

Where do you live? Just wondering since I am from the Channel Islands (tho I don’t live there now)