Diamond hoops and diamond quality

Diamond Carat weight VS Diamond Quality

• Higher carat wt, "I" diamond color, half price

• Less carat wt, "G-H" diamond color, double price

Results are only viewable after voting.

summer 71

O.G.
Aug 9, 2007
Is there noticeable difference between "G-H" and "I" color of the diamond. I want to buy hoops and I have two options.

Should I go for the higher carat weight in color "I" and pay half the price
OR
A slightly lesser carat weight but in "G-H" color and pay double the price.

What would you do?

Last edited:
Like the others mentioned, cut and clarity - especially cut - are key here. My diamond solitaire pendant is I in colour but is also ideal cut and VS2 clarity and it sparkles like mad. I don't notice any colour at all.

With all other factors being equal, I would choose the I stones. Colour isn't as high a priority for me when it comes to earrings and smaller stones. But like I said, this is assuming that certifications, cut, clarity, gold, etc. are otherwise equal between the two.

For me, neither. Keep looking for better quality. I1 clarity isn't really an ideal option, and "fullcut" isn't really a cut quality. Besides that IGI is not a reputable lab.

There isn't much of a difference. They are only noticeable if higher and lower colors are compared side by side on a white piece of paper. Independently, the I is nearly colorless, if not white, to the eye. But if it's IGI, they are probably of lower quality and color than stated, as IGI doesn't have the best reputation.

There isn't much of a difference. They are only noticeable if higher and lower colors are compared side by side on a white piece of paper. Independently, the I is nearly colorless, if not white, to the eye. But if it's IGI, they are probably of lower quality and color than stated, as IGI doesn't have the best reputation.
Thanks girls for your input. I think i will keep looking and hope to find some quality diamonds.

I'm a bit late on this one but I agree with what other have already said. And don't forget that people will never look at your earrings very closely...nobody will be able to tell the color/clarity of your stones!

You should focus on cut first and then carat, I color and SI clarity are good enough if the diamonds are eye clean.