Diamond Help for Brian Gavin Pendant

piosavsfan

O.G.
Dec 28, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in getting a fixed bezel pendant (DBTY style) from Brian Gavin in rose gold. Here is the pendant:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-pendants/fixed-bezel-pendant-18k-rose-gold-5353r18#

I'm trying to choose a nice diamond and I've been reading through the diamond thread and ame's cheat sheet for some direction. I've never chosen a diamond before and feel very unsure of myself so I would really appreciate some input from the experts for peace of mind. I'm looking for a 0.25 carat around $500. This is the diamond I'm considering:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d.../0.258-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104082011084
0.258 carat, H, VS2

Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Good potential. A stone that I probably want for myself too. Please ask BGD to hold the Diamond for you and request Idealscope and ASET images to confirm before making purchase decision.

Two thumbs up on that stone. I hope you took Christiflora's advice and put a hold on that baby.

Thank you. They haven't put it on hold yet even though I asked. They are supposed to be putting up the images Christiflora mentioned this morning and are holding off on invoicing me or putting it on hold until those are up.

Thank you. They haven't put it on hold yet even though I asked. They are supposed to be putting up the images Christiflora mentioned this morning and are holding off on invoicing me or putting it on hold until those are up.

Just so long as, assuming you were first to inquire, you get first crack at it. There are a lot of people that will lurk on here and then poach a stone that I approve or someone like Christiflora will say is great. It drives me batty.

For future, if you want a green light, I am happy to discuss individual stones with established TPF members in a PM. That way you don't have to post a direct link out in the open and get poached.

Good potential. A stone that I probably want for myself too. Please ask BGD to hold the Diamond for you and request Idealscope and ASET images to confirm before making purchase decision.

Two thumbs up on that stone. I hope you took Christiflora's advice and put a hold on that baby.

Ame and Christiflora, BGD put up the ASET and Ideal Scope images. Could one of you please take a look at them? They look good to me based on what I've read but would appreciate some input from someone familiar with the images. The diamond is on hold for me so it says that it is not available. Here is the link again:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/d.../0.258-h-vs2-round-diamond-ags-c-104082011084

Thank you so much!

Ame and Christiflora, BGD put up the ASET and Ideal Scope images. Could one of you please take a look at them? They look good to me based on what I've read but would appreciate some input from someone familiar with the images. The diamond is on hold for me so it says that it is not available. Here is the link again:

Thank you so much!

That looks pretty damn good. The contrast is off in both, and the IS is a little dark in the middle but that could be the photos. I am not seeing anything that is screaming red flag at me in either one.

Not an expect, but have seen images of many top cut diamonds. This one looks good and typical except a tinier larger than expected white patch in the IS image (at the edge near 6 o'clock). Not sure if it is leakage. Even if is is, the difference is small. Don't forgot this is an AGS0 great former. It has the right optics, dimensions (spread, no wasted area), right clarity and color. I also notice the price is the best among other alternatives. It is a winner.

Not an expect, but have seen images of many top cut diamonds. This one looks good and typical except a tinier larger than expected white patch in the IS image (at the edge near 6 o'clock). Not sure if it is leakage. Even if is is, the difference is small. Don't forgot this is an AGS0 great former. It has the right optics, dimensions (spread, no wasted area), right clarity and color. I also notice the price is the best among other alternatives. It is a winner.

I *think* that is probably because the stone doesn't look level in the photo (as in they don't have it seated properly in whatever they set it in to take the photo.)