Dial change on a Vintage Rolex Help!!

cocopuff

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
Hi Everybody!!

I have inherited a vintage 1974 Rolex Datejust (mens) with white gold bezel, silver dial with baton markers with a jubilee bracelet. It is a bit masculine so I was thinking of switching the current dial to a black dial with diamonds or black dial with roman numerals to give it a feminine and modern twist.

I would like to know if...

1. Does changing the dial affect the value of my watch?
2. If I decide to go with the diamond dials, would I have to change the 'hands' on my current watch?

Please feel free to post your datejust with different dials. TIA!!!

Personally I'd be put off as I like the beauty of vintage pieces to remain as it was, especially if it's been inherited. I wouldn't dream of altering my inherited pieces.

But it really depends if you want to change it because you will love it and wear it, and can't wear it now, or if you're planning to resell it. If you do want to sell it, I would be inclined to leave it as it is.

thedesignergirl... I have thought about leaving it as it is but I know I won't wear it too much because of the masculine and dated look. I most likely will not resell but wanted to know my options... Thanks for your advice!

I say change it if you won't wear it otherwise. My grandma gave me her ER and I had it reset into a new ring that was more wearable for a single lady.

Please post pictures of before and after if you do decide to have it changed. I would love to see the change.

OMG that's gorgeous. How hard was it to find the dial? Is it an authentic Rolex dial? It looks beautiful. I am in the market for a new watch, and Rolex has so many options I am totally confused at this point! I love your watch BTW