Diabro and Authenticity (re email from Chloe!)

^ Well, I think that's possibly good news, as it may just be old authentic stock, with any luck. :yes:

Of course, unless there is some give-away of it being fake, it's impossible to say for sure, either way, unfortunately. :sad:

Yes- possibly good news, but then there is the whole issue of the purchase funding organised crime- any which way we look at it things look bleak.

In future I will stick to NAP and Chloe/department stores. Fortunately it is my only purchase from an unauthorised dealer so I don't have too much to regret. And, in the grand scheme of things, if the extent of my worries is one bag of questionable origin then I can consider myself blessed!

Yes- possibly good news, but then there is the whole issue of the purchase funding organised crime- any which way we look at it things look bleak.

True. :yes: :sad:

But you didn't know, so you can't be blamed and you shouldn't blame yourself. :nogood: :flowers:

Is there any way you can do a chargeback through your credit card?

In future I will stick to NAP and Chloe/department stores. Fortunately it is my only purchase from an unauthorised dealer so I don't have too much to regret. And, in the grand scheme of things, if the extent of my worries is one bag of questionable origin then I can consider myself blessed!

That's very true. :yes:

I really admire your stoicism, ruby. :smile:

I think I may have paid by paypal- part ebay funds, part credit card. But after this amount of time I wouldn't do a chargeback anyway. I've carried the bag alot. In my heart of hearts I do think it is the real deal- I have two other paddies and they all match perfectly. But knowing a bit more about Diabro has certainly taken the lustre off my £200 saving!

The dedication that Lescoy and CHB have contributed in varying degrees is so appreciated and thank you Lescoy for tooting your horn and I sincerely mean that. People's hard efforts can be overlooked and taken for granted; I knew you worked quite a bit on the authentication forum but not to the extent that you have mentioned. So very generous of you. Again thank you for taking a step towards rightousness in your aid to prevent thievery.:woohoo:

I think I may have paid by paypal- part ebay funds, part credit card. But after this amount of time I wouldn't do a chargeback anyway. I've carried the bag alot. In my heart of hearts I do think it is the real deal- I have two other paddies and they all match perfectly. But knowing a bit more about Diabro has certainly taken the lustre off my £200 saving!

Yes, I can see that it would. :sad:

Hang on, Chloe has emailed Mona and said that LVR isn't an authorised instore reseller?

Or are they just not authorised to sell online?

Poorly communicated sorry CHB; Mona called New York's Chloe's office and they confirmed that AR is authentic online. Div googled authentic Chloe dealers in Italy and LVR did NOT show up? I find that interesting because they are LOADED with stock; it's not like they're an obscure boutique with a few random bags, kwim. They have tons of shoes, bags and clothes? They should have instantly shown up in a google search. So Confusing?

Yes I want my sister to ask some hard questions. Nat are you reading? Ask these people (if they swear they are authorized) to present you some kind of proof?

And if they say they are not, I would like to know how they get pre-season merchandise so quickly? Really faster than anyone else?

I've purchased one thing from them, Booties full retail price, just like NAP's stock. Except LVR displayed them weeks before NAP and in different colors. LVR's booties look fabulouus, actually right on the money. But did some person get their fingers broken for me to have these shoes, LOL!!:confused1:

Poorly communicated sorry CHB; Mona called New York's Chloe's office and they confirmed that AR is authentic online. Div googled authentic Chloe dealers in Italy and LVR did NOT show up? I find that interesting because they are LOADED with stock; it's not like they're an obscure boutique with a few random bags, kwim. They have tons of shoes, bags and clothes? They should have instantly shown up in a google search. So Confusing?

Yes I want my sister to ask some hard questions. Nat are you reading? Ask these people (if they swear they are authorized) to present you some kind of proof?

And if they say they are not, I would like to know how they get pre-season merchandise so quickly? Really faster than anyone else?

I've purchased one thing from them, Booties full retail price, just like NAP's stock. Except LVR displayed them weeks before NAP and in different colors. LVR's booties look fabulouus, actually right on the money. But did some person get their fingers broken for me to have these shoes, LOL!!:confused1:

Oh I see. :yes:

As I say, I think we need to ask Chloe directly.

Nothing like getting it straight from the horse's mouth (which I really hope isn't in someone's bed! :sweatdrop: ).

Susieserb- are you throwing your sister into the lions' den? :sweatdrop: Let's hope Div is very brave if she will be taking your list of questions to LVR...

You know I'm very ticked now. I loathe, hate underground crime. I don't care how beautiful the bag is, if it's laced with the blood of human lives and is stolen merchandise I'll have none of it.

As for Nat she'll do fine, she's a tough cookie! A real iron's fist in a velvet glove. She'll go in there will a smile on her face and ask so innoncently all the while displaying this fake American curiousity!!

However I'll understand if she feels unconfortable and decides to do so otherwise (he he I'm giving myself an out)..

Oh I see. :yes:

As I say, I think we need to ask Chloe directly.

Nothing like getting it straight from the horse's mouth (which I really hope isn't in someone's bed! :sweatdrop: ).

:roflmfao::roflmfao:Mariel you are terrible....................I'll play the Abba music to go with that comment!! Or of course the theme to the Godfather - whichever you'd prefer - mind you on thinking about it I think Muriels Wedding, followed by Priscilla Queen of the Desert............much more fitting! Oh wait.................there's a little yellow van just pulled up outside, and two men in white suits have just got out............:roflmfao: