DH's take on the price increase..

JulieBugg2000

FINALLY!!
Jan 27, 2008
I've been stalking my next LV for a while now but won't be getting it until June or so, so I completely forgot about the price increase. Just a bit ago I was surfing tPF while DH was driving an imaginary viper around on the Playstation3 (amazing what can hold a guy's attention, isn't it? ;)). Anyway, I remembered the price increase and went to the LV site to check it out.

I say: "Sh**, LV's prices just went up again"
DH (eyes glazed over and joystick controls flying): "Oh really?"
I say (utterly disgusted): "Yeah, everything is about $35 more now!"
DH (distracted voice, still watching the "road"): "It's only $35! When you're paying that much for a bag, you can handle an extra $35!"
I say: Nothing. Then sit and think how ironic it is that DH would be the one to justify the extra $35.

I suppose he does have a point. Or maybe he still hasn't really even heard what I said? Boys do have that built-in answering machine that automatically fields all conversation when any electronic device has already claimed their attention..

Maybe I can use it to my advantage later when he protests my new bag! :wlae:

yes, that is true in a way $35 isn't that much of a difference & wouldn't be bad if they didn't JUST have a increase in january! the speedy 25 has gone from $595 to $660 in just 4 months. i'd hate to see how the rest of the year plays out, before you know it no one is going to be able to afford louis vuitton or not want to buy it because they are not increasing their quality along with those prices.

LOL... your post made me laugh!! I can just see your husband (eyes glazed over and joystick controls flying).. that is so cute!! hehe!!

He is right in a way.. but if you think it's $35 every year... then after five years, it becomes a considerable amount of money! However, I prefer your husband's take on it!! :roflmfao:

I like your DH's response. I feel like the increase really isn't that bad, but it's just annoying since there was just one in January. I just wish they would space the increases out a bit more.

Cute story ;)... I was just thinking, $35.00 is not a lot, but if I buy 3 or more + tax, that would sound like a lot of money... Your DH sounds cool with his comment - makes you feel good, isn't it? :smile:

Your DH reminds me of a couple of my buddies. Here's a sample of a conversation when I complain to them about the price increases:

Me: Can't believe it man, another price hike at LV!
Buddies: So what?
Me: I'll have to pay more when I want something out of LV that's what.
Buddies: Who cares? Your paying for their products longevity and heritage. They never go out of style so they'll always be cool.
Me: You really think so.
Buddies: Yeah. Kind of the same when we get things from GNC.
Me: Uh huh......
Buddies: BTW, how much is that duffel bag now? I'm thinking of getting one.
Me: It's called the Keepall 50 and it'll cost you $950.
Buddies: All right, I'll have funds by Christmas time. Now, PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BENCH PRESSS! :lol:

It's funny because one of them recently splurged on a wallet and belt (both in mono) and a tie; teases me about it since HE BEAT the price increase. All of us are straight; they can spot a fake LV from a mile away. I taught them well.