DHC Olive Oil

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
:smile: Finally found something that works for my 13 year old daughter with very sensitive skin. I have tried so many products for her to use. LaMer worked great but was too expensive. My friend used to get me samples from work. Clinique was horrible. Drugstore products were terrible. Finally I decided to try the DHC mild soap, soap brush and olive oil. She only uses 2-3 drops of olive oil all over her face before bed and she loves it. She does not wear makeup or anything so I wanted to find some basic products that will work and keep her skin looking good. I also bought her the Tandra personal blue light thing for acne. It was $49.00 and this product works very well. She only had 2 pimples and they were gone within a few days. Most acne products are way too harsh for her face and she is allergic to sulfur in acne products.

I have been using DHC olive oil Deep Cleansing Oil for years and I love it. I will never stray as long as they keep making it. It is like a makeup remover and cleanser all in one. Once a week or so I use my Clarisonic on my face to deep clean my pores and get rid of the makeup and gunk stuck deep down.

Erm, what is oil pulling? And for UK readers Waitrose 'Baby Bottom Butter' is a fabulous olive oil based cream with a vanilla smell. I think its only got olive oil & vanilla in it & is a bit less messy than the oil; but every bit as soothing & wonderful. Its in the baby products aisle..

The DHC Olive Oil and Deep Cleansing Oil are different products. I use both, and love both. I don't use the Olive Oil as much as I thought I would, but I am trying to use that instead of a cream right now because I am back to having reactions to sunblock again.

I always wanted to try dhc olive oil but I am terrified of putting any oil on my face because I break out. Is olive oil different than mineral oil in terms of causing breakouts?

So far both my kids have had no problems with breakouts. I did order them both the liquid moisturiser cream from DHC-2 different types. They have used it too and like the products. I have been trying so many things for years for them from the drugstore to clinique products. Because both have very sensitive skin and now on the dry side it has been hard to find things that work. The DHC mild soap works good for my daughter and I bought my son a DHC liquid cleanser. My son is on accutane and he is not supposed to use harsh products on his skin. His skin is just about perfect now and
I know he is happy with the products because he uses them. Before I would find full bottles of things that he would not use because he said he did not like them for one reason or another.

I think the DHC website may give information on why the olive oil helps the skin. It is different then mineral oil.

I haven't used the DHC Olive Oil but I've used the Deep Cleansing Oil for ages. It's the first step in my cleansing process. I use the Deep Cleansing Oil to remove all makeup, including waterproof mascara. This product rinses off with water, unlike regular cooking olive oil. (I don't know if DHC's Olive Oil rinses off with water.) After rinsing I wash my face with DHC's Olive Soap, which lathers beautifully and is very mild. After that I do a quick finishing step using DDF 10% Glycolic Toning Complex.

I have just tried Sulwhasso deep cleansing oil and I am pretty happy with it. I used to use the DHC oilive oil but ran out and didn't buy it again. With the Clarisonic any cleansers I use take off face makeup and I don't use mascara. I did not feel I needed a cleansing oil but now with sunscreen products I think the cleansing oil and then a face wash is better for my skin. On Ebay Sulwhasso has some great kits with their products for under $30.00. DHC used to sell these type of kits on their website but I haven't found them last time I looked. Perhaps they have them on Ebay which is a good way to try the products and they are great if you travel.