DH might get me a mahina for holidays!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
I just decided "no-go" on the empriente line. Then I checked out LV boutique last night for fun - LOL! They had a poudre solar which I loved. But it had 2 black lines on it about 1/2 inch long. So they said it was damaged and they'd have to order in a new one if I wanted to purchase it. They also had a mahina L in a darker color. Which do you like more - solar or mahina L and in which color? I really love the poudre but after seeing the one with marks on it, I worry about everything showing up.

Amy Bredemus

Purse Hungry!
Oct 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I love the Mahina, and I agree with you. On light colors, everything shows. With the leather you just have to be more careful. Do you have kids/dogs/cats?

Jessica1981

Aug 24, 2010
I have the Mahina L in Poudre and love it! It's not really what I'd consider a light color. On the darker ones, the monogram rarely shows. You can check out my reveal!

agimihalyka

Nov 21, 2010
Hi, does anyone know where I could buy an adjustable shoulder strap for my weekend bag? I dont want the 12 or 16MM ones, i need a stronger one. Anyone?

Jessica1981

Aug 24, 2010
My SA told me that the mahina in Poudre is a seasonal color and it's completely sold out. I was lucky enough to get one with the help of the store manager.

O.G.
Dec 4, 2005
Canada
I'd get something in poudre if you love the colour. It's seasonal and would be a lot harder to find than a darker coloured one at another time. I have an L in blanc which I used all summer and didn't have any issues with.

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Just ordered the solar in black before DH changed his mind! So unsure though. I know I can return it if I'm not happy. I love the poudre color but I'm neurotic and OCD about marks and wear showing on stuff. So I won't have the worry with the dark color. And I'm happy that the hardware is silver rather than brass color. I just wished that the perforations showed up more. From a distance, it might look like any ordinary black bag. I felt I had to jump and order it because I called a dozen stores. No one had a single mahina except for the stellar which I did not want. I really want to love this solar!

DisCo

Happy Chrissy!
May 11, 2009
Australia
Ooo I'm planning to get a Mahina L too but I'd go for the dark colours like noir/anthracite.

I like the Solar too because of the flat straps and zipper but somehow I still like the Mahina L more because of the buckle detailing on the side and the overall hobo style of it.