DH has FINALLY come clean about Bbags... he hates the TASSELS!

The tassels make the bag, IMO. If you're gonna cut, just be sure you won't regret it. Think back to the time you thought it was a really good idea to give your favorite Barbie a haircut and she ended up looking like Annie Lennox...

This is hilarious! I love the tassels on my Grenat First, but my boyfriend hates them. I also have a Botkier fan hobo with the tassel zippers on the front, and he hates that bag as well! ;)

It's no big deal, though -- I just tell him, "Look, you: I don't nag about your baseball cards, so you don't nag about my handbags." Works like a charm!

I looooove the tassels :yes:

However, I'm 5'8", so they're not too long on me. I can see how they may bother some of the shorter gals - or bother anyone since they sometimes get tangled on the bag. Looks-wise I think they're great, though, but I'm always in casual outfits... though I never really thought of bbags as casual.. I think they're great for casual or dressy outfits...

My husband only liked one of my Bal bags and that was my BG Pink City. The other's...Eggplant, Indigo, 05 Turq, and Magenta he didn't really like, especially the dark ones. He thought they were too plain. Then I started messing around with my accessories, and now he thinks they are much prettier. I did however sell my darker bags, Eggplant and Indigo, because I always used my vibrant bags instead of them.
:heart:
It is your bag however, and your the only one that needs to be pleased with your bag. I do agree that it may affect the resale value if all the tassels are cut, but you still need to do whatever it takes for you to be happy with your handbags!
;)
Here's a before and after of my Indigo City, and other pics of my accessorized bags....
IMG_5868-1.jpg

IMG_5683-1.jpg

Attachments

• 10307051et7.jpg
    10307051et7.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 10307038jj4.jpg
    10307038jj4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7997.jpg
    IMG_7997.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7460.jpg
    IMG_7460.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 05-04-07051.jpg
    05-04-07051.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 36
A B-Bag without the Tassels ... c'est sacriligeous!!!

Generally speaking, if you ever plan to re-sell a bag, you really shouldn't "touch" it. I'm a purist at heart, so I would want to know if something had been tampered with ... then it's the buyers choice as to whether or not that is acceptable to them.

I :heart: the tassels, but DH HATES them... absolutely hates them... He says they looks cowboy-ish?? I have no idea where he gets that...

I've only shortened the front tassels on one bag that I had, because it came to me with the tassels already broken off, from being stepped on while listed. Otherwise, I like to leave them the length that they are... I am considering taking one pair off, if I can find something suitable to use instead, because I don't like having them on the zippers I use all the time.

I really wish there was some way to purchase the zipper pulls that are on the GH bags, because I LOVE the way those look - and I don't think they would bother my DH... I like the tear drop shape of them... and I actually believe they would be a bit more practical in some situations. However, I don't want to buy a GH bag, just for the different zipper pulls - because then I would probably have a hard time convincing him to like the GH. :Push:

I really wish there was some way to purchase the zipper pulls that are on the GH bags, because I LOVE the way those look - and I don't think they would bother my DH... I like the tear drop shape of them... and I actually believe they would be a bit more practical in some situations. However, I don't want to buy a GH bag, just for the different zipper pulls - because then I would probably have a hard time convincing him to like the GH. :Push:
:yes:
That is a great idea!!! If Bal could give customers the option of hardware on every style of bag shiny silver, shiny gold, and regular, all in the regular size. Or the giant hardware in silver or gold. Then the choice of tassels are tear drop zipper pull. Think of every gal getting to have her bag cusomized to her exact likes!
:yahoo:

The tassels make the bag, IMO. If you're gonna cut, just be sure you won't regret it. Think back to the time you thought it was a really good idea to give your favorite Barbie a haircut and she ended up looking like Annie Lennox...

OMG!! I did that!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then my mom bought me a Chrissie Doll so I could shorten or lengthen her hair without the committment. God, that was a million years ago.

Anyway....please don't cut the tassels...just remove them when you have a dressier outfit on. BTW, I would keel over if my husband commented on my Bbags (negative or positive)...he is completely oblivious to them other than the fact that I love them. :sweatdrop: