Dewy foundations for pale, dry skin with acne?

klb4556

O.G.
May 18, 2009
I would also really like it if it were more on the natural side or at least cruelty free!

I am very very fair but also have a neutral undertone ( leaning more yellow). Thank you!!

ELF flawless finish. Cruelty free, oil free. You might think a foundation at this price would be junk but it's quite nice. Check out the review on Paula's Choice.

I would also really like it if it were more on the natural side or at least cruelty free!

I am very very fair but also have a neutral undertone ( leaning more yellow). Thank you!!
Some of the higher-end options to consider would be: Urban Decay's Naked Skin (cruelty-free), NARS Luminous (cruelty-free), NARS Sheer Glow (cruelty-free), and MAC's Studio Sculpt, and Too Faced's Born This Way (cruelty-free and vegan-friendly). All will give you a naturally radiant finish with medium to full coverage and are formulated so as not to antagonize acne.
Good dupes at the drugstore would be: L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Glow, Maybelline's Fit Me dewey and smooth line, and Revlon's Colour Stay. Again, all of these will give you a naturally luminous finish with medium to full coverage and will not irritate your acne.

GUERLAIN - Parure Gold Radiance Foundation in 01.

It's SPF 30, glides on easily and covers well (my sunspots and occasional acne scar). Go to your local counter and ask for a few samples. It makes my skin very dewy and glowy. :smile::smile::smile:
397-77002296-G042009_01BEIPAL_M

Reactions: PursePassionLV
I'm fair with dry skin, and I like the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint or Healthy Skin foundations. Rimmel Lasting Finish is another drugstore cheapie with nice coverage & a satin finish. Sorry, I don't know if either of those are cruelty free.

you'd think if ELF and Wet N Wild can produce products w/o testing on animals, the bigger companies (L'Oreal) could. Kind of frustrating as the own so many reasonably priced drug store lines. I signed a petition regarding this. Don't know if they pay attention but I feel kind of guilty buying their products.

you'd think if ELF and Wet N Wild can produce products w/o testing on animals, the bigger companies (L'Oreal) could. Kind of frustrating as the own so many reasonably priced drug store lines. I signed a petition regarding this. Don't know if they pay attention but I feel kind of guilty buying their products.

Any cosmetics brand selling in China is required to do animal testing. Since most brands don't want to give up that huge market, they do it.

Reactions: luvprada
I would defo recommend NARS Sheer Glow!
I have dry skin and i currently use Armani Luminous Silk. I also have pale yellow-toned skin, and find most drug store brands are very pinky/peachy toned.
However NARS & Armani have very nice yellow toned foundations, Sheer Glow is really nice and dewy whereas LS is more of a natural finish.

NARS is cruelty free.

I really like the Eve Lom tinted moisturiser. It gives a very nice glow but it is only medium coverage so I use concealer (pat the concealer into my acne scars) and then set it with powder by pressing the powder into the skin.

Tarte, Too faced, Urban Decay and Smash box are all Cruelty-Free