Devote - Black or Almond Stud?

Joceybaby23

ProfessionalMinkette
O.G.
Sep 1, 2006
Hi girls,
So I currently have a Black Stud Devote on preorder. I showed the pic to my DH and one of my friends from work. They both disliked it and thought the stud were overkill and a little gaudy. Both agreed that the almond stud was a little more muted, more casual and looks less like a "Tina Turner costume" (yes those were the exact words used!). lol.

Honestly, at first I was crushed to hear this. I really thought the black was for me. I love black bags and have a bunch already. My wardrobe is almost all black, blue, grey and green so I didn't think I could use the almond bag.

Now that I think about it.. I'm very much second guessing myself... and I don't think I'm being influenced by DH and my friend TOO much. Would the almond look better with my wardrobe? If you were choosing black or brown for me - which one?

Thanks for the help!

While I think both are nice to look at, I think the stud bags are way too gaudy to wear everyday and will become dated very quickly. Just my 2 cents.

I retreated to the Almond from the Black just recently. I thought the Black might be just a little overkill. The Almond tones down the overall look. And the Grape after seeing pics of the real color just looked a little too Colorful for me.

I'll feel better after I get My Fawn Devote bag. I have the Kate Spade version sitting here in a box waiting for me to send it back. First I have to get the replacement. But waiting for RM is a test in patience. I swear I have smoke coming out of my ears sometimes thinking I paid 630.00 to stare at a box for this long.

Both bags are beautiful. I think that the Almond is more "earthy" and the black is more "rocker."
I have also pre-ordered the black. I loved it since I first saw it. I was thinking of the Almond Nikki, but I don't really know if I need both studded bags.

Both bags are beautiful. I think that the Almond is more "earthy" and the black is more "rocker."
I have also pre-ordered the black. I loved it since I first saw it. I was thinking of the Almond Nikki, but I don't really know if I need both studded bags.
Very well said. The almond is more "hippie" to me and the black is more "rock and roll." I love both, but I lean, personally, towards brown shades more than black. I don't wear much black at all.

That said, I don't think you should let anyone talk you out of a bag, at least until you see it in person. It's your bag so you should get what makes you happy.

As for the studded line, I am loving the grape studded MAB (or MAM if it comes out). I think the studds are fun, and don't seem to make the bag dressy to me. I am 24 and go to law school and dress pretty casual, and I think it will be great in my wardrobe. I think the studs are a fun addition to the bags.

Let us know what you decide!

^This is a great post!! ITA that the almond is earthy and black is definitely more rocker. :yes:

I personally prefer the black over the almond but like Jo said I don't believe that the studded bags are an everyday bag at least not for me!

I'd prefer the black over the almond. but I think both aren't exactly "day" bags...a non-studded devote would probably be a bit more timeless, imo

ITA. And I also agree with the notion that the almond is more boho/hippe, whereas the black is more "rocker." The studs are gorgeous, but far more trendy.