Detergent for baby clothes!?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello,
    which detergent do you use for your baby's clothes?
    I want to know what detergent is the most skin-friendly? I do not want to irritate the delicate baby skin!

2. Seventh Generation free and clear is great. You can buy it online.

3. Hello,

I wash the baby clothes always separated from our things (is also no matter whether colorful or dark, everything is separated). For the children's and baby clothes and also for the cloth diapers we use Molly's Suds Original Laundry Detergent. This detergent is free of any toxic chemicals, and it works very well!! By the way, pure oils are a treat for dry skin, the more expensive the higher the quality, and also more effective like: argan oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba oil - a few drops of it will the skin a lot. Here is a Site (https://www.geekwrapped.com/guides/best-natural-baby-laundry-detergents ) where you can find good Reviews & Buying Guide for natural Baby Laundry Detergents.

4. Agreed, I always washed the infant clothes separately in a sensitive skin laundry detergent from the supermarket. Also, wash all babies clothes, blankets, bedding before they wear them i.e. brand new clothes, gifts etc.

5. I have sensitive skin too, so I use Tide Free & Gentle which is hypoallergenic for my whole family.

Just beware of detergents marketed as baby detergents... they are often overpriced and (in my opinion) unnecessary.

6. I used Puracy detergent when my kiddo was a baby. Now I use 7th generation for his clothes and the whole family.

7. I just used Tide free and clear... honestly, after my own kids and using all those "special baby" detergents learned it wasn't needed and didn't recommend my daughter do it with my grandson.

8. I've tried everything since I was pregnant with my son. Now, I just stick with either the dye/fragrance free version of All or ECOS detergent (magnolia scent.) Costco carries both and I pick up whichever happens to be on sale.

As far as dryer sheets, I've stuck with the Babyganics fragrance free for a long time. I usually get mine from BuyBuyBaby with a nice BB&B coupon/gift card promotion combo. You can also get Babyganics at Target, but, my store is usually low on stock or only has one banged up box on the shelf.

9. Anything free of fragrance, I use Tide Free & Clear

10. I use Dreft for the baby clothes but only buy it when there’s a sale or use coupons. Also use Tide Free and Clear and Seventh Generation for our clothes and bedding, sheets since the baby does come into contact with it.

11. I was wondering if there is a good baby detergent or more natural detergent that I can use because I'm due to give birth to my first child in a few weeks? However, Dreft is kind of pricey so not sure if I can make that commitment right now to rebuy Dreft all of the time.

We started using All Free & Clear detergent for us (but we are running low right before our baby comes so it can be an opportunity to try something else), and it was nice and cheap but it's honestly not really working that well. Basically clothing is still coming out of the washer with minor stains on it (this didn't happen when we previously used reg detergent) kinda defeating the purpose. And I'm assuming that messy babies stain a lot of clothing so maybe I need something a bit stronger than All Free & Clear.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'll be trying to see what people recommend. :smile: