Travel Destination ideas for Grad Trip?

unbeknownst

Jul 28, 2008
I am graduating from college this May, and my dad wants take the family on a nice trip to commemorate the event. He told me to pick where I wanted to go, but honestly - I really have not traveled much and have no idea where to even begin looking.

I just got back from Italy a few weeks ago (my first overseas trip!), and I didn't really love it. I was actually living over there and the language barrier was a bit much for me, so I would prefer to stick to places that speak English (or english speaking resorts!)

My family loves the beach, as well.

I just thought I'd post here and get some ideas of nice trips you guys have taken/where you've enjoyed traveling too. Chances are, I'll probably end up in Disney World again [where we 99% of the time I pick the vacation haha], but I wanted to at least consider some other places.

Thanks!

Grand Cayman is nice in May or maybe you can try another Island. The Island is small enough so that you can rent a car and drive around the whole Island. Another great family trip is Montana. I absolutely love it there and think that every family should go if they can. Just a wonderful experience. One year we did a drive from Vail, Colardo to Jackson Hole, Wyoming to Yellowstone National Park (Northern Wyoming, southern Montana) and it was fantastic.
I would say check out some National Parks. A lot to see and really incredible! Good luck and congrats on graduating in May!

If you want to do something beach-y, I would consider Atlantis. The water park is actually really fun and the beach is beautiful. It is a bit pricey though but the food is really good at the steak house. PLus you can do excursions like, snuba, scuba, and snorkelling. Also you can see the marine habitat. I LOVED seeing the fish at night. Have fun and congrats on graduating!

If you like beaches, you've probably considered Hawaii. The northern CA, Oregon and Washington coasts are also quite beautiful.

Further from home, New Zealand, Australia and Tasmania are wonderful and English-speaking, although you need to remember the seasons are reversed in the southern Hemisphere so May will be late autumn. Lake Tahoe has a variety of wonderful things to do including beaches and hiking and it is a shoulder season so not so crowded.

Finally, Ireland and Scotland are beautiful with stunning coasts, but unfortunately will probably offer even more language issues than Italy!

Greece!!!! OMG i cant tell you how amazing greece is, the beaches are absolutely gorgeous, the people there are super sweet, and warm and just make you feel "at home". The food is amazing, and most people speak english. The islands are perfect, you just take the ferries inter island and just hop around, Mykonos, santorini, Eios are some of my favs. Honestly I cant say enough great things about greece.