Food Dessert Gifts - Help!

Sep 17, 2006
I want to send a few people sweet treats as a thank you gift, but I can't decide what to send or where to look! I've looked at cupcakes, cookies, cannolis as well as everything on the Dean and Deluca, Harry and David and Williams Sonoma sites...

Any favorites out there?

Thanks so much for the suggestions, although I think I'm going to have to order myself a few things too now...:sweatdrop:

Has anyone ever ordered from Eleni's or Mike's Pastry?

If you check out the Yelp reviews for Eleni's cookies, they say they are cute but not too tasty. I would go with Willams-Sonoma because they have a great selection and you can check out the reviews to see what actually tastes good and how nicely it's presented- those are two things that would be important to me when sending a food gift.

I have had good luck with edible arrangements.

http://www.ediblearrangements.com/

i LOVE edible arrangements! people always love getting them because they're so cute, innovative, and smell delicious. i'm tempted to buy them for myself even though you end up paying at least 40/50 dollars (usually more) for fruit. i think it's pretty easy to do it yourself if you are patient and have some cookie cutters :P

^^The base of Edible Arrangements is a bunch of iceberg lettuce leaves stuffed into the vase. They stick the long sticks into the lettuce, which holds them in place. HTH those who would like to try making their own.

What about candy covered apples? Love those. QVC carries a line that is pretty reasonably priced and yummy. Some of the other sites are really expensive for what you get- like $10 an apple!

i think eleni's cookies are cute and fun but don't taste that great.

fat witch makes good brownies.

sent someone sprinkles cupcakes once and he loved them (it depends on where you're sending them).

popcorn from dale and thomas is good. they have a cute sampler box that's fun.

a really yummy food present is pretzels from pretzel pete's. they have peanut butter stuffed pretzels, these amazing increidble slap yourself honey mustard (so addictive) and other flavors. i ordered so many in the span of two weeks that the woman on the phone (who was a DOLL btw) was like "um, didn't you just get a bunch LAST WEEK?!" lol. i gave some away but seriously i ate a ton, they are so good.

there's also a place that sells great chocolate covered strawberries but i need to think of the name.