Desperately wanted a James Hobo in washed Denim but now, mehhh?

restless57

Truly Blessed!
O.G.
Jul 22, 2007
Hola!

I'm usually lurking on the MJ or BE forums but thought I post here looking for some advice.

I recently posted on the Deals thread for a James Hobo in washed denim that was on sale at Zappos for $298. I fell in love (or rather lust) with this bag after seeing a photo of it on the Nordies site. The color and shape was just perfect for me. I couldn't wait to get her.

Well, she arrived today and I'm just not feeling it. The bag is darker in color than the photo, also the shape of it is flatter. Worse yet, the bag has an overpowering smell from the chemical process of the dye. I'm sure that will fade away in time but my question to you girls out there is;
have you ever kept a bag in hopes of maybe you will wind up liking it or did you return the bag?

TIA for your opinions!! :biggrin:

Nope. For me, it's either love at first sight or...nothing. I feel nothing. ;) And yes, I do sometimes fall out of love afterwards but I've never fallen in love afterwards. Return it.

I agree with the others restless, I wouldn't keep it if you don't love it. I like the look of the james hobo but I am not a fan of the denim. It would be nice to see more botkiers IRL before buying....

I'm usually lurking on the MJ or BE forums but thought I post here looking for some advice.

Speaking of MJ I saw someone carrying the MbyMJ Aidan bowler in a cream color with gold HW. So beautiful.....I need one of those.....:nuts:

That's what happened with me and the Logan satchel. I returned it. The shape didn't work for my shortness. Hee hee.

Off topic, I didn't know you returned it. I finally saw the logan this weekend and it is a cute bag but I don't think it is for me too.:smile:

I return anything that I don't love. It will be more frustrating to find the perfect washed denim hobo in a year that you'll feel guilty buying since you already have one... that you don't love.