Desperately Seeking: Rouge Purse

Jan 25, 2006
Hi all. Love the forum and all of your wonderful posts and photos.

I'm emerging from lurker mode to say that I am on a quest to find a rouge purse. Anyone out there with a rouge purse that they are ready and willing to send to a new owner? Or does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Thanks.

Hello and Welcome.

If members have an item for sale the item will appear in the Marketplace forum.

We try to discourage posts like this only so that sneaky vendors with fake bags don't fill up your PM box promsing you "authentic" B-bags.

If you are on the hunt for a specific B-bag Ebay is always your best bet. There are great rouge Hobo's up there right now.

if you find a bag and you want help authenticating it then you can post the Ebay link in the seller watch forum and we can help you out there. :biggrin:

Thanks for your welcome and for your reply, Loganz. Lovely calcaire hobo, by the way.

We try to discourage posts like this only so that sneaky vendors with fake bags don't fill up your PM box promsing you "authentic" B-bags.
I've seen a number of "trade" posts here recently, so I thought that I would take a shot and give it a try. I wasn't trying to conduct a transaction on the forum. I have several b-bags and a trade would be an option that I would be willing to explore. I also thought that perhaps someone had seen one for retail sale somewhere (unlikely I know, but thought I'd ask just in case.)

If you are on the hunt for a specific B-bag Ebay is always your best bet. There are great rouge Hobo's up there right now.
I'm always on the lookout on eBay, but I have yet to see a listing for a rouge purse. I saw the rouge hobos, but I'm looking specifically for the purse. Thanks again!

You also might want to wait a bit ... the 2006 Pre-Fall/Fall will have a Rouge VIR (look at this link - http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/2005/11/balenciaga-color-swatches-by-season.html ), which looks very nice!

There are a number of threads in this forum, which identify various retail stores as well as online places where authentic Balenciaga products can be purchased. You might want to review them before you buy. Best of all, if you can take a look at one "in-the-flesh", I highly recommend it as it's hard to get a good feel for the color and leather quality when looking at a picture online.

Good luck!

Thanks, Ceejay!

I saw the Fall 2006 swatches on ateliernaff (I've learned so much from that wonderful blog!) and I am glad that I have that option to fall back on.

I have the Fall 2005 rouge in the first/classique and I just love this particular shade of red. The blue undertones mute it just slightly and as a result it's not overly bright. For that reason I'm crossing my fingers that one day I will find this version of the red.

I called around to a number of different stores (I have even tried non-US retailers) but every store that I tried is sold out. I have found the hobo in abundance (both retail and on eBay), but no luck on the purse.

I agree completely about the "in-the-flesh" comment. The leather on the recent bags varies widely and it is very difficult to decipher the quality of the leather from a photograph.

Thanks again for your reply! And as a sidenote, I LOVE your collection of b-bags!

I just recently purchased a Balenciaga First in rouge from Cricket. (cricketdesignerwear.co.uk) They may still have stock--according to their site, they have the City as well. (I just ordered the bag last week and received it on Monday.)

The colour is amazing--I was on the hunt for rouge as well. I love my new bag--I hope you can find one too!!!

snowwhite said:
I just recently purchased a Balenciaga First in rouge from Cricket. (cricketdesignerwear.co.uk) They may still have stock--according to their site, they have the City as well. (I just ordered the bag last week and received it on Monday.)

The colour is amazing--I was on the hunt for rouge as well. I love my new bag--I hope you can find one too!!!

Hi, Snow White. Thanks for your helpful information.

I actually have a rouge first, which I love. Isn't it great?! And, I had a rouge city too. I purchased the city hoping that it would quell my desire for the rouge purse. Alas, it didn't help; not one bit. The rouge city never even made its way out of its sleeper bag. For larger bags I prefer the twiggy and the purse styles over the city. As much as I wanted to, and as hard as I tried, I was never able to warm up to the city. So, I ended up selling it on eBay. The purse isn't anywhere near as popular as the city bag is so I imagine Balenciaga doesn't manufacture as many of them. I'm really hoping that one day I will be able to find the rouge in the purse though.

snowwhite said:
Oops--:shame: I forgot there was a style called "the purse." SORRY!!!

No problem, snowwhite. I appreciate you trying to help! Cricket was one of the first places that I checked. They have a few of the older colors, but unfortunately they don't have the purse in rouge, or in any color for that matter. Thanks again.

It looks as if there is a burgundy purse on Ebay right now, with a very low starting price.

I did not check it out too closely, so more pictures might be needed.

Loganz said:
It looks as if there is a burgundy purse on Ebay right now, with a very low starting price.

I did not check it out too closely, so more pictures might be needed.

Thanks for thinking of me, Loganz! That was super nice of you. I saw the auction before I saw your post here, and when I looked at the thumbnail pic and the title of the post my jaw dropped in anticipation. Alas, it appears to be bordeaux, not rouge. So close, yet so far away. I have the twiggy in bordeaux, and I love the color, but I'm looking specifically for the purse in rouge. I asked the seller for more pics and a close up of the card that lists the bag's season, but the date on the receipt (August of 2005) seems to be consistent with the bordeaux. If I'm remembering correctly, rouge wasn't released until at least September. And, the picture of the back of the tag definitely looks like bordeaux as well. It looks like a lovely bag, so I hope someone wins it. Thanks again.

myndolyn said:
angstofgumby i sent u a PM! i dont know why i didnt reply here... blonde moment lol... just had a question abotu the red color you have!

myndolyn, I got your PM. I don't have any photos of my rouge first, but I do have pictures of my (former) rouge city bag that will show a good representation of the color. I also have pictures of my ink first that I am thinking of selling on eBay. I've never used it (it still has the tags attached) and I have another style in ink, so I think it might be time to let the ink first go. I will send you pictures of the ink first too, just so you can get an idea of the size. I'm away from my home computer (which has all of these pictures on it) so I can't send the photos right now. In the meantime, if you want to shoot me another PM with your e-mail address, I will get the photos off to you either later this afternoon or this evening.