Desperate newbie question! Please help!

Bubach

Think geek,wear pink
O.G.
Feb 18, 2006
Today I've decided to take a plunge and to indulge myself with the first pair of CLs. I wanted the knotted ones so much! But as it seems, CLs somehow do not fit my weird feet :cursing:. Namely, I've tried these two models:
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...408474395222441&bmUID=1267922033274&ev19=1:17

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...000141cat000149cat000226cat5130731cat17440733

but in both cases size 38 fits perfectly in the lower part, but it's a bit too big in thee heel part, so when I tried to make a couple of steps in the store, the feet would slip out of the shoes. Size 37.5 was too tight in the lower part! I was so frustrated, so I've tried couple of other models and realized that this is recurring problem :sad:. SA advised me to go half size down and that shoes would stretch, but I have very sensitive feet and my orthopaedist warned me not to wear tight shoes.

Does anybody else have a similar problem with CLs? Should I go with 38 (my regular size) and get those heel insoles to prevent feet from slipping?

Sorry for the rant, but I traveled to London today to get those and returned empty handed :sad:!

^^^ you could either get the bigger size and put in heel grips

How tight are the smaller ones? A bit tight? Super tight?

If they are bit tight you can easilly have a cobbler stretch them. :flowers:

What the ladies just said make total sense, but still an SA once warned me that Louboutin is not for all feet.. and that wide one might actually look after other brands, espaccially italian ones like prada or versace, as well because they don't run particuraly small and they might have a larger choice for bigger sizes. :smile:

Last edited:
I would go with naked's solution a cobbler can stretch the lower part for you. I wanted Ronaldos, but the 37s had place for be to put a finger in the back and the 36s bother my pinky toes. Normally I have np with CLs 36 but the smaller toe area didnt agree with me, and my luck there were no 36.5s, I brought them to a cobbler 2 days and 8 dollars later they are perfect!

^^ I wouldn't say a 38 is a "big size"? :confused1:

I am a 39/39.5 and I know Danielle is a size 40ish and she can wear some narrowest styles (pigalle) with ease.

No.. What I meant was, that Louboutin is not for wide feet.. and I guess everyone can say it runs small and all.. You don't have to be a 42 to have wide feet.. and some skinny minnies can easily wear Pigalle, even if they're a good 41.. it's really about how large feet can be, not long.. but even tough OP's feet are not particularly wide or long or short or anything, she could certainly keep her chin up to discover another CL style, that could fit her without issue. That's my wish to her ! =)

I find Loubs are very particular on my feet! Not all styles work for me. But in all cases, I'd rather go with a smaller size and have them stretched then go a size up. ALL my Loubs have stretched after half-dozen wear. Keep in mind that leather will mold to you feet.

The 37.5 fit okay length wise, then I'd go with the 37.5 and have the toe box stretched. If they are terribly short and tight, I'd go with the 38's with heel guards.

Good luck!

I find Loubs are very particular on my feet! Not all styles work for me. But in all cases, I'd rather go with a smaller size and have them stretched then go a size up. ALL my Loubs have stretched after half-dozen wear. Keep in mind that leather will mold to you feet.

The 37.5 fit okay length wise, then I'd go with the 37.5 and have the toe box stretched. If they are terribly short and tight, I'd go with the 38's with heel guards.

Good luck!

ITA! The length is what matters. The toebox will stretch. I have yet to meet a CL that does not stretch--even my patents all mold to my feet.

I've had this problem too. I usually prefer to go with the larger size and pads, but I think that's less common.
If the front was just a bit small on the 37.5, I recommend going that way and having a cobbler stretch the toe box for you. It's a simple fix. Let us know what you decide and how it turns out. Good luck. :flowers:

My mom has the same issue. She just cannot fit into any CL.
Unfortunately CL are made very narrow. In your case, I wouldn't go with the smaller size just because of what your doctor said. If the 8 doesn't fit you tight in the toe box area, then go with that and add some heel grips.
Good luck!

I think this is pretty common, yeah. Now that I'm several pairs in, I'm finding I fall in the "buy for length and stretch" camp. Shoes that slip off drive me batty and my heels are narrow enough that heel grips don't seem to help enough to compensate.

The style that you're looking at are very similar to Greissimos (are they just lower heel height?), and I found that the Greissimos in particular are very narrow in the toe box. Since those are leather, I'd advise going with the smaller size and stretching them. Since your doctor doesn't want you in tight shoes, you'll have to get them professionally stretched or invest in a wooden shoe stretcher, but IMO it's worth it to avoid the aggravation of them slipping. :flowers:

No.. What I meant was, that Louboutin is not for wide feet.. )

I completely disagree.
I have wide flat, feet, and there are PLENTY of CLs that fit me fine. I actually think that the way my foot is shaped actually helps me wear certain styles (like the Feticha) comfortably.

Also, I also own a few Prada styles, and they are NOT always cut for wide feet.

Bottom line...It's trial and error.
Try styles, and find out what works best for you. Sometimes, you'd be suprised to find that a style you may THINK is shaped for you, actually is ;)