Desperate Husband to be searching for oversized Mulberry Bayswater

Andymerch

Mar 19, 2010
Hi everybody,

My name is Andy and I would greatly appreciate your expert opinion and advice on my predicament.

I am getting married this June and would love to surprise my future Wife with a new large/ oversized Black Bayswater bag in NVT (Or darwin as it would have been then). She seen one last year in the Mulberry shop in Glasgow where we live and hinted 'That's the one!!' I understand having conducted extensive research that it was discontinued a few years ago (The manager confirmed this and advised it was old stock we had seen). Mulberry no longer have any at HO or any outlets and I was hoping someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction?

I would be eternally grateful for any words of guidance you could offer.

Kind regards

Andy

Hi Andy- I think ebay is your only hope- there is an oak one on there now I think- if you see a bag you like please post a link to the ebay listing in here on the authenticate thread in stickys section above so the experts on here can make sure it is a real mulberry for you- is it black she wants as oak is an iconic colour? have a search on ebay and see what you can find- best of luck

Last edited:
Hey Andy,

Congratulations on your forth coming wedding! What a lovely surprise that would be for her!
Yes the 'Large Bayswater' was discontinued a while back, there is the option of the Piccadilly bag (larger than large Bayswater)- as previously suggested by Snow.

There is a large Oak Bayswater listed on ebay at the mo, it is described as being in fantastic used condition: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....3852&ssPageName=mem_guide:3&rd=1#ht_500wt_960

You could also try lovehandbags.co.uk. I'm sure some of the ladies will be along in a mo to help!

Good luck! xoxo

if you are looking on ebay, do be careful. There is an auction just ending for what the seller refers to as: Genuine Mulberry Piccadilly Bag Large Bayswater Rare. I don't know if it's genuine, but the photos are identical to ones she has used to sell two others recently. The seller is called Kate7485.

please do make sure you get it authenticated here first

Hi all,

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed replies. I had contacted Kate re the Large Bayswater/ Piccadilly on Ebay however the measurements didn't add up as they didn't reflect the normal bayswater or large bayswater dimensions although that could be human error??!! The fact that she has previously sold 2 would ring alarm bells although I didn't know that till now so thanks for that for future ref. It went for £505.00 a minute ago. The Piccadilly is too large and the normal Bayswater a tad too small hence the oversized Bay, elvisfan4life is spot on.

Speak to you all soon and thanks again.

Andy

It would need to new and in black unfortunately as that is the dream bag. I will keep searching for the holy grail.

if you are looking on ebay, do be careful. There is an auction just ending for what the seller refers to as: Genuine Mulberry Piccadilly Bag Large Bayswater Rare. I don't know if it's genuine, but the photos are identical to ones she has used to sell two others recently. The seller is called Kate7485.

please do make sure you get it authenticated here first

I looked at this and i think its fake i have listed it on the forum to be looked at

Hi all,

Many thanks for your prompt and detailed replies. I had contacted Kate re the Large Bayswater/ Piccadilly on Ebay however the measurements didn't add up as they didn't reflect the normal bayswater or large bayswater dimensions although that could be human error??!! The fact that she has previously sold 2 would ring alarm bells although I didn't know that till now so thanks for that for future ref. It went for £505.00 a minute ago. The Piccadilly is too large and the normal Bayswater a tad too small hence the oversized Bay, elvisfan4life is spot on.

Speak to you all soon and thanks again.

Andy

It would need to new and in black unfortunately as that is the dream bag. I will keep searching for the holy grail.

well i think your going to be unlucky to be honest and u should have started lookng many moons ago if we see anything we wll help;) but it dont think it will be a new one.

last forum reveal for one on these was last year over 15 months ago :0(
http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/rejoice-with-me-my-new-mulberry-large-bayswater-407020.html

Last edited:
Andy - dont give up hope- there is a thread on here somewhere if you do a search which has a list of safe/trusted ebay sellers and you could email them to see if they have one or could source one for you- good luck!!

Hi Snow,

Thanks for the heads up. I realise it seems a tad last minute however she is quite rightly very well looked after so I thought I would just ice the cake so to speak. It would not really have mattered as the bag has been discontinued or 2 years although hindsight is 20/20. I will say my prayers and hope that something comes up. I have one of her girlfriends on the case in NYC at the moment and may get her to sneakily ask if the Tan version (which I really like) would be a welcome addition which I am sure would be the case.

Kind regards

Andy

x

thank you for doing that snowshoe - I kind of assumed it was real photos and wasn't sure how to report something like that.

Andy, as far as I remember the difference in size isn't all that big between the picadilly and the large bayswater. I think the large bays has longer handles. Maybe your best bet would be to try to persuade her that she wants a picadilly, and then get her a nice new one? Perhaps if you offered to carry it for her : )