*~*Desire Satchel (New Style)!!!*~*

I have had this bag for a month or so. I got the pink/silver and I love it. I, also, have a Balenciaga City and this is very similar, but with a little bit more structure and some multifunction pockets inside which is very nice. Yes, I think RM copied the City and put a few other touches on it. It's the identical size & shape and done in a soft leather that becomes very soft, but not as soft as my BBag. I posted a pix of it when it was new, but have to take some photos now that it is getting worn in. It's funny, but I'm finding it much more functional and comfortable than the BBag. I did have the strap shortened, though - just didn't like the long, long strap. It's, also, very light weight. If you have been coveting a Balenciaga, but don't want to spend $1,500+ this is a good and much cheaper alternative. It gives you the look and feel of a Balenciaga without going broke. Also, I love that I don't worry about it or have to baby it like I do the City. I'm always worrying about the City because it cost me a fortune (it's a 2012). And, I have to tell you that everyone loves and asks about this RM & no one ever comments on my Balenciaga - it could be the color because the pink is a very neutral, muted pink and very, very pretty.

Lynpett said:
I have had this bag for a month or so. I got the pink/silver and I love it. I, also, have a Balenciaga City and this is very similar, but with a little bit more structure and some multifunction pockets inside which is very nice. Yes, I think RM copied the City and put a few other touches on it. It's the identical size & shape and done in a soft leather that becomes very soft, but not as soft as my BBag. I posted a pix of it when it was new, but have to take some photos now that it is getting worn in. It's funny, but I'm finding it much more functional and comfortable than the BBag. I did have the strap shortened, though - just didn't like the long, long strap. It's, also, very light weight. If you have been coveting a Balenciaga, but don't want to spend $1,500+ this is a good and much cheaper alternative. It gives you the look and feel of a Balenciaga without going broke. Also, I love that I don't worry about it or have to baby it like I do the City. I'm always worrying about the City because it cost me a fortune (it's a 2012). And, I have to tell you that everyone loves and asks about this RM & no one ever comments on my Balenciaga - it could be the color because the pink is a very neutral, muted pink and very, very pretty.

Thanks for sharing! I'm actually seriously considering this bag in Taupe, now that I've found one without the whipstitching. Plus, my wallet won't let me get a Bal! :biggrin:

i love your desire color, but i'd be worried that it'd get dirty fast? i really want the bal city but i can't justify spending $2000 on a bag right now! i also feel that since so many compare the desire to the city that some might think it's a copy and i don't do fakes, haha. have anyone commented on that to you?