Designer Vanity Case

Dec 7, 2008
I am in love of the vanity case style. As impractical as it is I think it looks so feminine. I would like to add one to my collection and would love your opinions and other options.

I did try the Chanel trendy cc vanity but for a reason I can’t explain it just didn’t make my heart flutter.

I have tried the MCM cylinder bag and thought that was cute, great price point, but not quite elegant enough.

I am also considering and now strongly inclined towards the LV Cannes. I have not seen this IRL but, this is the one I saw that peaked my interest initially when I saw it carried by a Korean celebrity. I think it just looks so beautiful.

Would love some insights and suggestions from you the experts

869D46FB-B058-4677-8CEC-CA61A775B23D.jpeg

945AC8AD-9B91-41D6-8F16-4C9A1BD2DB28.png

E0CC4022-EBF5-45E6-9BC7-F2656495A239.png

I love them too. You've obviously looked at Gucci's too because I think we already discussed somewhere.

What puts you off the Chanel? Is it too clunky, too much 'CC' and 'CHANEL' everywhere?

Have you looked at vintage Chanel on First Dibs and other places? These are the things which tend to have been done much better in the past. There was also something called the Hermes Inter City 2 way which comes in different colours, but it may be too plain for what you want.

Hi @papertiger! So I thought I would absolutely adore the Chanel. I love the trendy cc line and was looking forward to making this purchase to add to the items I have in this line. The quilting was spectacular. However, I think I would have liked a more neutral color like beige (but sometimes Chanel’s beige are more yellowish). They had pink and red but it just wasn’t neutral and subtle. Further, I think that the chain strap and the top handle made it a bit too much or too clunky (as you can not remove the long strap). I am quite surprised that it did not stay with me. As I love the trendy cc line. But, I decided to keep looking.

I did follow your advice and the vintage ones on first dibs are just what I’m looking for. However, they far exceed my budget.

Im hoping to find a way to see the LV in person.

Hi @papertiger! So I thought I would absolutely adore the Chanel. I love the trendy cc line and was looking forward to making this purchase to add to the items I have in this line. The quilting was spectacular. However, I think I would have liked a more neutral color like beige (but sometimes Chanel’s beige are more yellowish). They had pink and red but it just wasn’t neutral and subtle. Further, I think that the chain strap and the top handle made it a bit too much or too clunky (as you can not remove the long strap). I am quite surprised that it did not stay with me. As I love the trendy cc line. But, I decided to keep looking.

I did follow your advice and the vintage ones on first dibs are just what I’m looking for. However, they far exceed my budget.

Im hoping to find a way to see the LV in person.

I am agreed with you on this Trendy. Just a one thing too much 'going on'.

Oh dear, sorry about that, I'll keep my eyes open for you.

I am agreed with you on this Trendy. Just a one thing too much 'going on'.

Oh dear, sorry about that, I'll keep my eyes open for you.
Thanks, it was a really shocker with the Trendy but I had to follow my gut, that it just wasn't right for me. Well, I'll just take my time and peruse. I don't dabble in LV much but, I am curious about the LV cannes especially as my special connection to it is that it was the first one that Had seen which caught my interest in the style.

I will keep you updated.

Reactions: papertiger
Have you checked out the LV Cannes in the black Vernis or epi leather?
Thanks @Venessa84 I am going to check out the Cannes in black Vernis and epi leather. Luckily, it’s available online. Further, I’m leaning further and further into the monogram. In general I think the Cannes suits me. I’m just thinking and thinking before I “add to cart.”